Bo Hansen DI layout

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the suggestions, I'll get an order in on Monday and report back once it's installed and tested.

As for the switch, with the SPDT I get pops when switching it. For anyone following along, would a 'make before break' / non-shorting switch be the right type of switch function in hopes of minimizing pops? And if so, is a MBB denoted as On-On or On-(On)?
"Sealed" is better quality?
I'm not a penny pincher, I'd rather spend more to get something that is more rugged and robust / lasts longer than I do... so if there are any 'switch aficionados' who care to recommend a specific small footprint switch, please chime in. Otherwise, I will roll the dice come Monday morning.
[is a MBB denoted as On-On or On-(On)] -- Technically.....both switch types could be as MBB, but -- (On) -- does specifically designate a "momentary" contact type.

Should you browse around on Digi-Key and Mouser in their switch parameter listings, you will even see switches shown as being -- (On) / (On) -- types, which are "momentary contact" in both directions.

---------MOUSER--------------------DIGI-KEY-------

1715414616482.png1715414816947.png

/

Last edited:
Klem,

You can rarely get everything 100% perfect when it comes to add-on features afterwards, especially on designs that are not intended for this.

You have to bear in mind that this switch sits directly on the high-resistance inputs with high sensitivity if you have a lot of gain turned up, and in this case it probably won't help with a "make before brake" function in this case, and besides, I don't think that is so easy to get hold of this function regarding toggle switches.

So instead buy a normal "DPDT" toggle switch of slightly better quality.
The two types we talked about, i.e. SPDT and DPDT are by far the most common and are very easy to get hold of in different qualities and sizes.

It is not necessary to change the switch when you have high gain on your preamp or mixer.
It is not uncommon for buttons to pop, for example on expensive condenser microphones, when you change the switches while using normal gain.
So you should probably be happy with this.

PS! the pop might be better now with these latest changes, or worse, you never know until afterwards.

--Bo

Last edited:
Back