Tube DI Box

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have nearly finished the PCB. I decided to not include the White follower since it has no gain and it is the only one that needs bias resistors (I have modified Merlin's cathodyne to be self biasing). I am creating a spreadsheet that shows the components values and links for the various options (SRPP, mu Follower, cathodyne and cathode follower [the latter two preceded by a CC stage]). The board is two inches by four inches which unfortunately is too tall to fit in a 1U enclosure (should you wish to do so) so I am toying with the idea of changing it 40mm (~1.5 inches) tall so it will fit in a 1U enclosure. Also, all the tracks are on the top side of the PCB except the ground plane which is on the bottom. This means it may be possible to create a single sided version for the self etchers to use.

Cheers

Ian

Also, all the tracks are on the top side of the PCB except the ground plane which is on the bottom. This means it may be possible to create a single sided version for the self etchers to use.
As a self-etcher, I think that's very good! (y) Depending on the components you intend to use, it might be better to switch sides so that the ground plane is at the top and the normal solder side at the bottom.

If it means too much work for you, don't do it. Your circuit design is much more important. We self-etchers can quickly build a PCB ourselves, the whole thing will probably remain quite manageably complex.

Back