anyone got a schemo for this pre and or EQ

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't really be of help here....

Just wanted to comment that it looks like a discrete OA on those daughterboards and I see a bunch of SMT electrolytic c(r)aps...

Hope that helps a little.
Charlie

[quote author="pucho812"]Anyone know where I could find a schemo...[/quote]

Tough one, A*alon schematics are notoriously hard to get hold of.

[quote author="Samuel Groner"]What is a constant current input stage with variable bias and automatic voltage regulation? :grin:

Looks like a Lundahl input, no?

Samuel[/quote]

Differential input??? Something totally new :shock:
hell, I´m impressed

I know. but having heard the sear/avalon board. fook man best sounding console ever. these are the same modules. myabe I should break my no ask for handouts and see if walter can help me out? :twisted:

they do not make a console and to knowledge they never did. That link was for upgrade eq's and pre's you could put into your sornay 3000 that at one point was available from analon. Discontinued. Sear got a sornay frame and put in all of those eq's and pre's. it sounds amazing. Look at the specks on the EQ, it's got a 30 K shelf if you want. :thumb: In fact as memory serves me those were originally made for sear's frame and then became product at one point. but again no longer made :cry: so the hopes are to recreate some for a few of the 3000 boards I know people have as well as some for myself :twisted:

Careful!.... glancing at the Avalon site, the description of the 'M3' mic preamp includes.... delivers a high definition sonic signature rich with low mid-range harmonics. ...... :?
does this mean that it's full of 2nd harmonic distortion?
Let's hope that it was just an over enthusiastic copy writer!! :oops:

hmm, count the SMD transistors on those daughterboards.. then peep the two large ones.. look familiar? :green:

so they are using some kind of the same plug n play class A module with both cards and other products. I'd also bet that is a lundahl too.

seems like something more simple than we think..

shall we investigate further?

Does this mean that it's full of 2nd harmonic distortion?
I remember a FFT spectrum of an A*alon EQ where even the 9th harmonic is pretty visible. And it was below the claimed +30 dBu.

The rotary switch looks like a two-deck, doesn't it? So perhaps we have a Twin Servo-ish pre here?

Samuel

yeah like how one can rub off the 990 op amp labels. But yeah knowing which trafo would be cool.
Edit: upon inspection for a print out, the trafo has what appears to be printed on it "AD 737 SP" course I could be wrong about the printing.
but doesn't look like a standard lundahls numbering. I will bet bottom dfollar that the label is a reprint... :thumb:

check the EQ frequency response - 3DB 4hz to 230Khz :shock:

wrote to Availon and as polite as possible asked for a schemo to the following. whats the harm they say no right. Plus it is a discontinued item so you never know. wishfull thinking... but whats the harm none. I'll badger them at aes too. :twisted:

Latest posts

Back