G7 Mic questions

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeroddumas

I just got my G7 boards from Gustav. I was wanting to know what mods do I need to make for the power supply to run US 110v. If any need to be made. If so what transformers are you guys using.

No mods. Just get a 120V to 9V transformer instead of the 230V model mentioned in the schematic. The second transformer should be a 230V to 15V type just like in Europe. A 115V to 15V type with dual primaries will also work fine.

Best regards,

Mikkel C. Simonsen

I'm a little confused about the parts list for the G7 power supply. the list on gyraf site calls for 2 electrolytic caps with the value of 470uf 250v, but the pcb calls for 220uf-470uf. Also I see no 2200uf cap on the pcb, but two 1000/35v, are these 1000uf or 1000 farad. thanks to anyone who can clear this up for me.

Jerod

220uf-470uf means exactly that. If you have some 330µF-400V caps in your junk box use those. If you have to buy the caps, buy whatever you can get. Remember to get the "snap-in" type caps.

I have used two 1000µF/35V caps on my PSU board. You could go for 1000F instead, if you want the biggest tube mic powersupply award :wink:

Best regards,

Mikkel C. SImonsen

[quote author="mcs"]
I have used two 1000µF/35V caps on my PSU board. You could go for 1000F instead, if you want the biggest tube mic powersupply award :wink:
[/quote]

I was wondering about those 1000f caps being a tad large, but hey that's whats on the pcb.

Latest posts

Back