WIMA CAPACITORS

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

udip

Hi all,

I got some wima capacitors, that I'm not sure of their value.
The printing on the capacitors says: WIMA FKC 100 400.
Well, It's 400v but does it 100pf or 10pf????? How can I tell??

Also I have some polysterene that says: 220 1000v,
again 220pf or maybe 22pf???

Thanks,

Udi.

Hi,

Thanks for the info but it still doesn't help....
The chart says capacitance, but in what value??

WIMA - brand
100 -capacitance (10 or 100p?)
400 - voltage

Udi.

Also, that's a foil and polycarbonate film cap. I believe all the WIMA polycarbonate caps (FKC, MKC, ??C) were discontinued sometime in the last few years. If you have a source for these and want more, get them now.

A P

[quote author="alk509"]100 = 10 x 10^0 = 10pF

220 = 22 x 10^0 = 22pF[/quote]
Yes, except when it's a Wima.

When a Wima is marked 100, it is actually 100pF

Best regards,

Mikkel C. SImonsen

For more info - a little table I put together

http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=7239&highlight=wima

BTW if you find a Wima with 22pf - I want to know
The smallest i can find is about is in the hundreds of pf.

I was just dymo labelling up my non electro capacitor boxes (I have cut the top off my thumb in a bizarre kitchen accident - so no sodlering at the moment)
I have about hundreds (maybe a thousand) pieces split into about 60 different types of Wimas in all types, sizes and values

[quote author="uk03878"]For more info - a little table I put together

I was just dymo labelling up my non electro capacitor boxes (I have cut the top off my thumb in a bizarre kitchen accident - so no sodlering at the moment)
I have about hundreds (maybe a thousand) pieces split into about 60 different types of Wimas in all types, sizes and values[/quote]

http://www.futurlec.com/CapMylar.shtml
I've been ordering WIMA's from this company and they have a few that may interest you below 22pf. All the caps on that page that they have sent me were the WIMAs. The only potential problem is that they are located in Thailand and shipping may take a couple of weeks for you, it does for me on the East Coast of the US. There are some nice deals there on some components, but I'd stay away from tantalum caps if I were you because they sent me a bunch with corroded leads. Getting electrolyic caps from there results in a variety of randomness in brands, so I shop elsewhere for those.
Switches, knobs, pots (Alpha), metal film resistors (Xicon is manufactured in Thailand) and connectors can be had very cheap from there as well; all in good condition for me so far.
well, hope this helps, and good luck with your organizing!

cheers~
Jay

[quote author="indigom"][quote author="uk03878"]For more info - a little table I put together

I have about hundreds (maybe a thousand) pieces split into about 60 different types of Wimas in all types, sizes and values[/quote]

http://www.futurlec.com/CapMylar.shtml
I've been ordering WIMA's from this company and they have a few that may interest you below 22pf. All the caps on that page that they have sent me were the WIMAs. The only potential problem is that they are located in Thailand and shipping may take a couple of weeks for you, it does for me on the East Coast of the US. There are some nice deals there on some components, but I'd stay away from tantalum caps if I were you because they sent me a bunch with corroded leads. Getting electrolyic caps from there results in a variety of randomness in brands, so I shop elsewhere for those.
Switches, knobs, pots (Alpha), metal film resistors (Xicon is manufactured in Thailand) and connectors can be had very cheap from there as well; all in good condition for me so far.
well, hope this helps, and good luck with your organizing!

cheers~
Jay[/quote]

Oh and I decided on the switches from Thailand's Futerlec and other parts for this midicontroller (midibox.org core and midisport { now m-audio 2x2 } in it) from there. Took three weeks to the East Coast USA. But cheep.
Not recommended ordering semiconductors though.
They don't seem to have a temp controlled warehouse:
http://69.24.36.246/pics_pics/midicontroller_origins/
(origins with CAD design front panel and core switch/pot beginning wiring)

finishing touches;
http://69.24.36.246/pics_pics/midicontroller_jul06/

apologise for all those who have seen this before but it is my current "bit off too much" masterpiece before finishing the DAW mixer.

Futurlec has excellent prices on WIMAs, but I would stay away from their other caps unless for general purpose.

best,
Jay

Latest posts

Back