Which Sowter or OEP for G7 ??

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is no 1:5 OEP, the one to use is the A262A3E, 1:6,45

Sowter makes many dif trannies, I've used the 1:7 4935 & the 1:10 9045 (very very nice!). I also got a batch of really old 1:5 Sowters (no #) that's pretty damn crunchy.

Have anyone tried the round OEPs? I dunno who stock 'em..

www.oep.co.uk/audio_transformers/microphone_input.html

Yeah besides the lower cost of the OEP this was the main deciding factor for me to choose OEP's over Lundahls for my G9. I wanted more coloration and i really like what i hear (although i don't have the possiblity to test it against a lundahl equipped G9.

Flo

BTW: Did anybody build a G7 with A262A3E? Jakob did you prototyp it? How does it sound? I guess, more "vintage" than with Lundahl.

Same question here... it must be interesting....

I don't know what you mean Jazzy?

1:5 gives a voltage gain of 14dB

1:6,45 gives a voltage gain of 15,5dB

Only one and a half deebee difference

Excuse my french english :oops:

but it's the answer i was expected !! :grin:

so the G7 with OEP have more gain than with Lundhal

and what about the screening cans ?
with a OEP in the body, there's is a risk of noise ?

thanks very much

No need to excuse! Do you know the britsh comedy series 'Allo Allo? It's running here in Denmark (again) Lovely british/french language :grin:

Yes, an OEP'ed G7 will have a tiny bit more gain, not really anything you'll notice in practice.

I recommend the screening cans! Even if you don't get any hum, you don't know what kinda gear will be placed over/under the G7.

Good luck with your GeeSeven :thumb:

[quote author="sismofyt"]Have anyone tried the round OEPs? I dunno who stock 'em..

www.oep.co.uk/audio_transformers/microphone_input.html[/quote]
How about RS? Just look in the international section of the Danish website and you'll find it. I just checked - part no. 210-6352

Best regards,

Mikkel C. Simonsen

It's a little metal house that fits around the transformer, screening it from external fields. It's made of MU metal and you'll need that one for the input trannie.

Mikkel, they want 315dKR for that sucker without tax. That's like 60$ :shock:

OEP trannie:

a262a2e.jpg

Screening can:

a262can.jpg

someone can tell me the exact size
of the OEP WITH screening cans ?

i don't know if 28x23x22 is the size
of only the OEP or with the screening cans ?

Latest posts

Back