1176 *1 pin question

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tamtamstudio

Hi guys, i'm assembling my first 1176, i'm connecting all the cables from PCB to switches.
Where i have to connect the pin signed with *1? is near to pin 22.
Ok is optional, but i don't know for what..
Please help me, regards.
Corrado

I believe if you use the optional input traffo, the optional *1 goes to the pot connection (input level), rather than the normal 1 ( which is then unused).

Regards

ju

Thank you very much.
PS you know also witch is the voltage of the light of the original (optional) SIFAM VUMETER?
I didn't find in an place..
I've just order from RS but no notes..

Hi,

They're normally fitted with 12V lamps- but I know you can get 24V types too.

Check on the bulb when you get them. If no marking- presume 12V and connect to a 12V supply. If it looks too dim, it's a 24V bulb.

I'm pretty sure it'll be a 12V bulb supplied though.

Mark

I did not see this post when i inquired about this..

But here is some additional info:

Quote:

Hello..

Wiring up my G1176 and I am not quite sure where wire # 1*is supposed to go? I am using a luhndal input transfo.
It is the hole labeled #1 and it has a *

It appears that people wire things a bit differently by looking at others pictures that have been posted.

Quote:

With the optional traffo input, connect to the 1* ( the * are used if you have the traffo there, like the resistors and caps up in that section).

Quote:

Thanks FUM,

Question:

So.. pin #1 from the input potentiometer which would normally go to
hole #1 (input gain) goes to hole labeled #1* instead if I follow you correctly. So pin # 1 (input gain) will be left empty?

Quote:
Yes, the 'PIN 1' spot is left unconnected. The NE5532 input stage will not be used - its output goes nowhere if you put in those parts - you can eliminate the NE5532 and all of its support components

:cool:

[quote author="Zee1usa"]
Quote:
Yes, the 'PIN 1' spot is left unconnected. The NE5532 input stage will not be used - its output goes nowhere if you put in those parts - you can eliminate the NE5532 and all of its support components

:cool:[/quote]

I'm not sure if this is answered anywhere, and I've been trying to find the answer for about 2 hours in the various threads. So if this has been covered, my apologies in advanced, please point me to the correct post.

My questions are, what can be left out aside from the NE5532? Does anyone have a comprehensive list of what is no longer needed?

Also, does anyone have step by step instruction on how to put this together if you are using the optional input transformer?

Finally (this is slightly unrelated) how do you match the fets? This was touched upon in the help thread, but nobody ever really explained how you do it.

Thanks!

Jay

For matching FETs question you can see that adress of nrgrecording "http://www.nrgrecording.de/html/fetmachting.html"
they explain how you can match your FETs....
I wish that it helps you...

Arnau

I used the same circuit as used for matching the fets for the hamptone JFP module - the one PRR done... just used ones that matched closest to each other regardless of 11V voltage in pic...

FET-sort.gif

Is there any particular reason to match the fets in the G1176? Only one is for audio, the other is for the meter. If the whole unit is calibrated correctly won't that be close enough?

Ahhh good, that makes this a lot easier. If I make another, I'll match them then.

Anyone know what else beside the 5532 can be ditched when using the input transformer? Anybody have directions on everything that changes when using the input tranny?

Thanks,

Jay

[quote author="rafafredd"]I´m thinking about using both the opamp and the transformer input i on my clone...[/quote]

What for?

Hi Seth,
Is there any particular reason to match the fets in the G1176? Only one is for audio, the other is for the meter. If the whole unit is calibrated correctly won't that be close enough?
Even on a single channel, it becomes much easier to get the GR meter tracking to fall in line if the FET's are matched. The more variance between them, the more of a frustrating juggling act the calibration becomes.

Dean

Back