Electro luminence panel for T4B

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kid Squid

Hello Chaps,

Has anyone got any of the electro luminence material needed to make a T4B Spare ??

I cant seem to find any here in the UK, and i can't afford to buy a T4B from ADL Labs at the moment - Cash flow is a little tight at the moment !!!!

I can pay for the panel, but buying one T4B from the states + import Tax is a bit Salty this month.

Anyway, sorry to be a pain in the arse, but i can't wait to hear the LAzy - 2a

Also does anyone know of any A - 24's going for sale. Tried :evil: bay loads,
but no joy.

One of my friends has a HA100x , but to get that I've swapped some 300b's for it.

I'm trying to make the guts as original as possible.

BTW, feel free to tell me to FxxK off, and stop being so cheeky,
but as the saying goes - if you don't ask, you don't find out !!!

Best Regards

Steve :thumb:

:green:

Steve,

Try posting this in the Black Market...

Oh, and f*** off, you leek-munching sheep-botherer! :shock:

...(just doing what you suggested!) :wink:

Keith

I'm pretty sure you can get this stuff from RS or farnell in the UK - can't recall which one. I looked into it a couple of months but decided to wait until I had some time.
Stewart

Try Farnell green EL shits.(or sheets? 'xcuze my english :))
You have 2 panels from one piece.
They have different freqresp. than original LSI but works fine;
then, with a bit of luck, you will find tone of EL's for $1 at local sur+.
:grin:

Crap, I go into Walgreens drug store to get the el panel and everything is re-arranged and they don'thave that brand anymore!
There was an alarm clock that had a place you could mail away for a replacement el panel. I will hunt around some more.
cj

Yeah, EL nightlights are cheap and easy to find. I bought a fistful when our local Ames went out of business years ago. I think the panel inside them is just about the right size, too.

[quote author="dale116dot7"]I used an EL panel from a EL nightlight. I needed conductive epoxy to connect to it but it works.[/quote]

I also used a nightlight.
Why do you need conductive epoxy?
I just used the connections that were already there ...
Only had to remove a 4k7 resistor that was soldered in to adapt the panel to German 230V mains voltage.

JH.

The EL nightlights I got used a pressure contact built into the housing, there were no terminals on the EL panel, just two carbon spots where a pair of spring contacts would press against and make contact. Noplace to solder.

[quote author="dale116dot7"]The EL nightlights I got used a pressure contact built into the housing, there were no terminals on the EL panel, just two carbon spots where a pair of spring contacts would press against and make contact. Noplace to solder.[/quote]

Ahh, I see. Mine came with two metal strips, riveted to the panel and soldered to the 230V plug's connectors.

JH.

Latest posts

Back