Source for Mic Capsules

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BR

Hey Guys,
I'm sorry if this is not wothy of new topic. But I'm looking for a source for really good mic capsules for a G7 project.
I've read a lot about the Peluso capsules and SoundKing capsules, but I was wondering if there is anyother companies out there that are making really good capsules, anywhere up to US$400.
I keep hearing that the ones in the AT 4033 are excellent capsules, but I don't know where to get them.
I Also would be interested in trying some Neumann capsules, if I can find a source..
Any ideas??
thanks
Gil

You could use the 797 audio capsules from some microphones. Read the meta thread on microphones. In the C880G one you will find some ideas.

thanks for the tips,
I've looked through the C800G thread and it talked quite a bit about a bunch of capsules, but it didn't mention where to get them....

Michael,,
Will any Sennh*&^ser dealer be able to get me those capsules???
thanks..

anyother manufacturers??

gil

Will any Sennh*&^ser dealer be able to get me those capsules???

That depends on where you are. In the US neither Neumann or AKG will sell capsules direct to consumers. You can try Blue and MBHO. They both sell raw capsules.

Good luck

Well, actually, Marcus over at MBHO USA no longer sells capsules directly. He WILL sell the KA1000 or KA1100 (I think) lollypop heads with their capsules inside, but no longer raw capsules.

I gave out his contact info last month and got a rather nasty response for doing so. Hopefully, he'll change his mind, as they are great CK12 clones.

Ya know, Gus, if I had known I wouldn't be able to buy more of those I would have kept mine instead of selling it to you! :sad: :green:

JC

Cool,
I know a guy that is both an AKG and Neumann dealer.. I'll see if I can get one through them....
If not, where can I get these overseas???

thanks
Gil

Latest posts

Back