Pimp my Preamp!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neeno

Hi Guys,

I thought I would share my latest project. It is a pair of Fabio's FETboy Jfet Mic Preamps (Hampton Design). I kind of got creative and took it somewhere funky and fresh, and probably the first pink panel to be seen out there... Here is... the Pimptone! :green:

p100078911.jpg

p10008091.jpg

The panel was anodized and then laser engraved with a white ink fill. I'll take some inside shots once I'm done with the wiring. :wink:

The plan for the 3 way switch will be to have various switchable transformer load resistors, creating a variety of colored tones. :idea:

I've uploaded a few other pics that can be found here:
http://www.studio21.ch/diy/neeno/gallery/pimptone_temp/

A big thanks goes to Fabio and Matta for the help, support and above all, for their friendship !

WAY TO GO MY FRIEND!

It truly is a marvel, and a brave color for a front panel :shock:

I'm sure it will turn many a head... just remember to hang a pair of fluffy die on the rack case for added pimp bling :green:

Now let us see the other projects... I know they are coming....

Cheers

Matt

Overwhelmingly awesome ! :cool:

I like those dots & numbers @ the level-knob.

Very nice font as well. And... this and that and... the name !... and that lamp :thumb: .... where's the fpd-file ? :wink:

Peter

Unique stuff Nino! Proud of ya!!!

But no p0rn is complete wuthout the inside pics!!!

And dont hide the other stuff from the guys man!! :green:

:guinness: :guinness: :guinness:
Fabio

What does the "Vintage - Retro - Modern" selector do? Different trafos?

Beautiful work! :cool: I've thought about doing some neon color panels, but chickened out.

Back