Monitor/Sub router (pics)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

radiance

Most Subwoofers I came across have a build in cross over. You send your monitor signal into the sub and the (high pass) filtered signal for your speakers comes out the output of the sub.
What I wanted was a way to switch between "only speaker", "speaker + subwoofer", "only subwoofer" and last but not least "off".
The router I build can be done with three 2 pole relays (dpdt) or with a 3 pole 4 position 4 deck rotary switch (a 4 pole 3 position 4 deck wil do but than you dont have the "off" position).

r292bl.jpg

r2925j.jpg

r28hlj.jpg

hi

would you be able to use this as a speaker switcher as in a 1 in 6 out.

with a switch to turn the sub on.

how would you do this with balanced in and outs

please bare with me as i am only new to this diy stuff

cheers

[quote author="ramjet"]hi

would you be able to use this as a speaker switcher as in a 1 in 6 out.

with a switch to turn the sub on.

how would you do this with balanced in and outs

please bare with me as i am only new to this diy stuff

cheers[/quote]

Actually it's a speaker switcher. It only has 2 outputs to switch between.
As you can see, there's no more place for XLR's on the back. You might want to add some XLR's on the front panel to gain more speaker outputs though. Switching between speakers is done with a Lorlin 4 pole 3 position switch. That switch can handle 3 sets of speakers. If you want 6 sets, you should be looking for a 4 pole 6 position switch
Also, it is balanced, that's why it need such a hefty Elma rotary switch.
(it's a 3 pole 4position 4 deck switch, for unbalanced 2 decks will do...)

[quote author="uk03878"]mmmhh =- recognise that Elma![/quote]

Yeah, looks like it but it's a 3 pole 4 pos. 4 decker. You may find these in local electronics store's as leftovers since nobody wants them...
They're only good for switching duties.

Back