Zeners on G9

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robomatique

Hello,

I am not sure if it matters what kind of zeners I use for the G9. I have a few marked BZX39 39V 1.3W at home, I guess they would be ok, but I just want to be sure?

Having no luck in finding Z56 i wonder if i can put 2 zeners, with different values, in series?

I assume their values will add but would like some confirmation from my guruz overhere.

If this works; I need to get to 56 but can get only to 55 with 2 other types available at my shop, will i run into problems?
I think the Z56 is used for the 48V but i'm not to sure either? :oops:

Thanks for helping out, :sam: :guinness:

Tony

bump,

wanted to keep this in the same meta so i have ad my question to this topic instead of starting another, help :grin:

Tony

[quote author="tony dB"]Having no luck in finding Z56 i wonder if i can put 2 zeners, with different values, in series? I assume their values will add but would like some confirmation from my guruz overhere. [/quote]

Yes - no problem
[quote author="tony dB"]
If this works; I need to get to 56 but can get only to 55 with 2 other types available at my shop, will i run into problems?
I think the Z56 is used for the 48V but i'm not to sure either?[/quote]

55V zener voltage is alright here - you use the trimmer to set exact 48V anyway..

Jakob E.

how much is off for the zd56? like 35 is too little, but is 68 way too much?

how do you solder 2 zeners in series?

thanks,

e

60V is probably alright. That is, if your "raw" phantom voltage is higher than this. 51V will probably be too low to get you all the way up to 48V after the pass transistor.

The other option is to use two zeners (that adds up to 56V) in series.

Jakob E.

Back