Some Gyraf DIY Calrec EQ questions...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazytooguy

I'm thinking of building a Calrec EQ based on the Gyraf DIY version, and I have a few questions.

First, relays for the Shelf switches - I read the old thread concerning these, and didn't know what "changeover" relay contacts were - are these make-before-break? And is make-before-break required for this function? I really like to use the small G6A Omron relays on PCBs, but I don't think they are available with M-B-B contacts.

On a similar note, would it be harmful to use a standard minitoggle switch for the Hi-Q selector, or does this need to be make-before-break also?

And on ICs; any advantage to using some of the more high performance opamp ICs in this circuit?

Thanks in advance!!

as for the op amps, output benefits from the use of better op amps IMHO...i used opa2604 after listening to 833 and 5532(JRC) in my unit. 833 does not sound bad at all...2604 is givin' more "round, smoother sound''...the difference is subtle...best if you could listen to a various op amps and choose what suits your needs ...good luck...

Latest posts

Back