My version tube microphone

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sonic

Kind all time of day.
For a long time wished to share with you the versions of lamp microphones.
I spread a photo while two microphones with double diaphragms of different diameter and
the variable characteristic of an orientation:
32мм and 25мм.

By virtue of dearness of target microphonic transformers (most to wind there is no
opportunity) has decided to adhere transformerless to technology.
Schemes of these two microphones are collected by a principle of cathodic repeaters on
the Russian lamp 6n23p (analogue 6072, 12ay7, 6dj8, 6922, ecc88). There are comparative
sound files of these microphones with АТ-4060. If as - that is possible{probable}, I can
throw off them.
To all yours faithfully.

Nice!

:thumb:

What microphone capsules are those? DIY?

Question: You classify the tube as 6072 and ECC88 - these two are very different entities - 6072 quite usable, but ECC88 less-than-desirable for head impedance conversion.

Jakob E.

Caps are completely made by me. The motionless electrode, separately for each diaphragm, is made of aluminium. 6n23p-under characteristics is closer to ЕСС88. I continue works on updating a level of a target signal for for microphonic it{he} is great, and for linear does not hold out a little. But all the sound of my microphones is pleasant to me more available at me Shure SM94 (the sound at it{him} is dryish).

Nice work! The grills look nice and open, with no side supports to create acoustic issues. :thumb:

I got errors trying to open the pictures, but I think it is just imageshack having server problems.

:shock:

Holy crap! That is amazing. :thumb:

I love it when someone comes here and has thought for themselves and comes up with something as wonderful as this. Fantastic.

I'm sure a lot of people will be asking you questions now. :razz:

How come it's the Eastern Europeans and Russians that come up with all the cool stuff? I'm jealous.

Your dual grill design and over-all glass like sheen are visually stunning. And get yourself into industrial design if you are not already. I can see myself in a car honed from your imagination.
Zayabeeeeess!

Mike

All kind time of day.
I bring to your attention some illustrations of the caps:
From the first trial and unsuccessful party;

Unsuccessful membrane

Unsuccessful membrane-2

The unsuccessful sample

The unsuccessful sample

The unsuccessful four-electrode sample

Preparations of last variants of caps:

Rings for a diaphragm

Motionless electrode with an insulator

Preparations

One of the first samples

Membrane with metallization

Membrane with metallization - other party

[quote author="sodderboy"]Your dual grill design and over-all glass like sheen are visually stunning. And get yourself into industrial design if you are not already. I can see myself in a car honed from your imagination.
Zayabeeeeess!

Mike[/quote]

Dear Mike. Professionally at present I work on TV as the operator of an ether. In development of microphones has borrowed by own necessity, for the musical studio. One of familiar musicians, having heard to development available me under the vocal, has ordered one of models. It will be certainly quite good, if on this it will be possible to earn quite good money. It is a lot of ideas, lack of technical base only brakes.
P.S. Thanks for the comment. Whence at you knowledge of Russian not normative lexicon? :grin:

Greetings!
Would like to show, with what my microphones presented above begin:
test10ig2.jpg

test9eu0.jpg

Can
test8wi3.jpg

test7vg6.jpg

test6tm1.jpg

test5lz1.jpg

test4qk4.jpg

test3dm8.jpg

test2ze1.jpg

test1cl5.jpg

Can comment.

Thank you very much.
From time to time I shall throw up still a photo of the development.
If something interests, ask, do not hesitate. :grin:

Amazing!
The coolest mick so far. I love to see people make their own designs. This is the most beautiful microphone i've ever seen!

Latest posts

Back