Request: article from old Audio Engineering magazine

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewYorkDave

I know this is a long shot, but I figure it doesn't hurt to ask. I'm posting this in the Drawing Board since I believe people who hang out here are more likely to have these magazines.

"High-impedance mixing for professional audio equipment", George L. Augspurger, February, 1957

Thanks!

Dave,

have you tried contacting George Augspurger directly? I have contact details for him somewhere, can dig 'em out if you like.

It is the same guy?? Room and speaker designer?

cheers,
Ruairi

Yes, I got a hold of him. He was nice enough to take the time, in his response to me, to write a nice summary of the background story behind the article. But he didn't mention having a copy of it handy, so I must assume he doesn't. (I don't want to bug him about it any further, anyway).

BTW, Audio Engineering really was a great magazine. I have 1950 (complete) and '52 (missing one month). Anyone here have other years in their collections? Maybe we should start a scanning project and help to preserve the knowledge of the ancients :grin:

I've scanned and posted a few articles here and there but what would be really cool is to scan complete issues and create a PDF of each.

I have all of 1954 and ten of 1959. And several hundred other techie magazines from 1930 to 1970. And no time to scan a damn thing unless my life depends on it. don't threaten me.... :sad: :shock: :? :grin:

I like the pre-war 1930-1941 mags the best. anyone want to loan me a trained monkey?

I still owe you some scans already, Dave.

I have all of 1954 and ten of 1959. And several hundred other techie magazines from 1930 to 1970. And no time to scan a damn thing unless my life depends on it. don't threaten me....

I like the pre-war 1930-1941 mags the best. anyone want to loan me a trained monkey?

BTW, Audio Engineering really was a great magazine. I have 1950 (complete) and '52 (missing one month). Anyone here have other years in their collections? Maybe we should start a scanning project and help to preserve the knowledge of the ancients

I've scanned and posted a few articles here and there but what would be really cool is to scan complete issues and create a PDF of each.

I'd be willing to host scans sent to me and I'd even be willing to scan stuff from the original magazines, upload it and return the the orginals at my expense. I'd be willing to do this just to have accees to this knowledge and to spread it for the good of keeping this stuff around. PM me if you want to send some stuff to scan and host my way.

Jesse

Back