A new SSL 9k is born

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigswole

Congrats!!! The panel looks great and professional!

Where's the obligatory inside shots? We want to see some pretty resistor colors! :)

I didn't post inside pics because the wiring is a mess. It is temporary until I build all four channels. I used the rotary switch described by PRR. Just one interesting note, on one channel I used at mat04 just for the hell of it, and because I got a couple on samples. I read the thread somewhere saying that the mat04 may not be good for this application, but to my ears there is not much difference between the 02 and the 04 channels. I had been planning on building these pres for over a year, just wanted something better than my digi001 pres, and these rock. I actually have 3 channels completely built, but one channel is full of hum and is low in gain and I cannot find the root of it. Could my mat02 be dead? I have replace all ICs and have no positive results. Also this channel is one of Gus' boards the working channels are home etch. Any ideas where to start?

Back