Calrec Pots

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrmintz

Hi all,

I found the correct pots for the Calrec at Omeg, and they fit perfectly in the boards. The only issue is that the resistors behind the dual gang pots will have to go in first - there is room but the pots overhang the resistors. They are:

100k Reverse Log Dual Gang - PC2G16BU 100KC 7.5mm pitch, metal spindle type M22, metal bush type CG $2.44US each,

10K Linear - PC16BU metal spindle type M22, metal bush type CG, center indent $1.27US

They have a minimum order of 10 pieces per part. You need 8 of each per pair and you have two spares.

Happy building!

:thumb: :thumb:

www.omeg.com

I placed a grouporder for Omeg pots a while ago. I used the green ECO range. Here's a picture:

calrecomeg.jpg

everything fits perfectly!

adios,
corneel

Seth, you can buy directly at Omeg at 10 pcs. minimum? That's not bad at all. I remember that they had some chassis-mount pots that interested me a while back...

How's the shipping and duty charges?

Dave,

Yes, you can but directly with a ten piece per part minimum. Shipping was 10 pounds total and it took barely a week.

I want to order from omeg. Are the numbers listed in the first post correct for the project? Will those pots be "conductive plastic" I noticed that the spindle and bush are listed as metal....

d./

I just spoke with vimex, the american distributor and they want a minium of 250! Shit...

I will try omeg direct again..

Anyway... The vimex lady was saying that the m22 is pretty short. I worry that it won't fit through my 1/4" front panel. She recomented that the CP might be a better spindle/bushing. This is 6mm instead of 4mm. Will this work for the drill plan that is online?

d./

I got all my Calrec Pots (I think.. including the rev log pot) from Electrovalue
http://www.electrovalue.co.uk/pdf/pot.pdf
Although I am UK based - and so are they..
Overseas no problem
Minimum delivery charge is $9
Miniumum order is not a problem
Details here..
http://www.electrovalue.co.uk/orderinfo.html

Does anybody know the pitch for teh dual ganged pot(the distance between the 2 rows)?

Also, for the drill plan that is available what size shaft should I use? 4mm or 6mm?

Like NELE I'm using the beautiful Green OMEG pots in my Calrecs.

Contact MARGARET GRANTHAM at [email protected]
She is very nice and helpful. I ordered enough for two chan. with spares

10......PC2G16ECO 100KC X 2 for the freq.

10......PC16ECO 10KA with center detants for the cut and lifts.

Shipping was 8 pounds to the USA. All together my bill was around 85 USD These are VERY nice pots for the money. Gary

EDITED 5/23/05

FWIW I ordered my pots for the Calrec from TC Electronics parts dept.

TC# 123610036 ($4.00 / ea.)

They are from the 1140 EQ, they fit the board perfectly, but they require an odd size knob (4mm I think). I found a good knob from Mouser for it.

Steve

I have a bunch of calrec pots that I got from omeg.

They are nice conductive plastic pots. Check the black market for more details or email me.

dug_at_dugesign_dot_com

Thanks,

d./

[quote author="guitarmaker"] TC# 123610036 ($4.00 / ea.)
..but they require an odd size knob (4mm I think)...[/quote]

:grin: That's not odd.. That is the european/metric version of the 1/8" knob size, like the 6mm is the european 1/4"

Jakob E.

Back