To all DIY mic builders: HOLY FRIGGIN' SCHNITZ!!! :-o

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alk509

OK, I may have overreacted there in the subject line, but you're reading this, aren't you? :green:

I emailed Felio USA about buying some of their condenser capsules, and this is the response I got (I'm assuming it's OK to publicize it, since the survey let's you email it to people after you're done):

Al,

Thanks for your interest in our capsules. We are currently trying to gauge the amount of interest from consumers for our capsules. As of right now we are not selling in small quantities, however, depending on how our research goes we may have something to offer in the coming months.

We have setup an online survey to help gauge interest. We would certainly appreciate your time in taking this survey.

The survey can be accessed here: http://www.feilo-usa.com/consumer_survey.htm

Thanks again for your interest.

Best Regards,

Brian Loudenslager
President - International Sales
Feilo USA, Ltd. Liability Co.

Please take the survey and let them know we count!

Peace,
Al.

and again..........

This could be great - they look link the SE Electronics mics!

If they can offer bodies and capsules I'm sold! Great for the G7!

Cheers Tom

[quote author="TomWaterman"]If they can offer bodies and capsules I'm sold![/quote]

They can! *giggle*giggle*

:green:

Al.

What size are you guys putting down as most interested in? I remember Jakob mentioning why capsules are small. Due to physical limitations, etc. What size should we check?

[quote author="orson whitfield"]What size are you guys putting down as most interested in?[/quote]

I'm putting everything down since I want to experiment a lot with stuff :green:

The CK12-type capsule for the G7, is a 34mm dual capsule.

The only problem is these are *chinese*-manufactured capsules and not likely to be better quality than those found in SE electronics mics and the like.

I'm surprised by the number of people modifying the electronics in MXL mics. As far as I can tell, it's not the electronics that are the problem, it's the capsule.

I'm afraid mics made with theses capsules will always be somehow lacking.

Not pretending to be an expert. Just thoughts off the top of my head. Somebody please set me straight,

Kato

[quote author="kato"]The only problem is these are *chinese*-manufactured capsules and not likely to be better quality than those found in SE electronics mics and the like.
Kato[/quote]

5 minutes ago I just finished my MXL2001 mod. Whatever I did was just in vain--acoustically transparent grill, tube inside, LL1550 trafo, Canare cable--sounded thin, dull, and unmusical. I put in a 797 factory 34mm and it sounds very nice, musical and balanced. The question is how Feilo capsule sound compare to 797?

[quote author="alk509"]The CK12-type capsule for the G7, is a 34mm dual capsule.[/quote]
Hmmm... Looking at the survey page, Felio does not seem to have a 34mm dual.

~ Charlie

[quote author="Marik"][quote author="kato"]The only problem is these are *chinese*-manufactured capsules and not likely to be better quality than those found in SE electronics mics and the like.
Kato[/quote]

5 minutes ago I just finished my MXL2001 mod. Whatever I did was just in vain--acoustically transparent grill, tube inside, LL1550 trafo, Canare cable--sounded thin, dull, and unmusical. I put in a 797 factory 34mm and it sounds very nice, musical and balanced. The question is how Feilo capsule sound compare to 797?[/quote]

Hi Marik
8:1 Lundahl?
Duka

[quote author="Marik"]I put in a 797 factory 34mm and it sounds very nice, musical and balanced. The question is how Feilo capsule sound compare to 797?[/quote]

Hey Mark, where/how did you get the 797 capsule?

Peace,
Al.

Latest posts

Back