1272 Finished - pics ....This one Goes up to Eleven!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guavatone

Phew....I just racked my Neve clone. Special Thanks to Tomelectro for the odd screws and Greg for the buss bar grounding idea, as well as Fabio and Greg for their PCB's.

I went all out on this one, with Silver Teflon wire on all audio lines, 16 and 18 AWG Silver Teflon grounds, Grayhill switches and DI's with 2SK170's and huge Wima-MKP 1uF cap. The first 2 channels are new 283's and trhe 3rd was an old original with original xfmrs too.

I really tried to be neat on wiring but the gain wires are really rough to make clean. It was my first FPE job and those small characters are hard to make clean and I made an obviouus mistake while finiishing work on the file at 5AM. But overall this is the fiirst project that I am really happy with.

1272-front-1e.jpg

1272-inside-2.jpg

1272-inside-1.jpg

Hi,
really nice result :thumb:
i'm finishing the same project (4 mic pre 1272).
I have still some things to finish (48v + DI input)

Nice! :thumb:

My Neeb72 has been sitting 97% completed for awhile. It's so sad when life interferes with DIY. :wink:

cool charlie! :thumb: :guinness:
glad you finished it finally.
is the impedance switch a good option to have on the 72 build?
glad you worked out all the kinks you were posting about earlier.
remember to post your final notes about your 1272 relay board for us on the thread you started.:wink:
good job!
regards,
grant

Thanks for the kind words folks. Time for a highball of Jameson's! :thumb:

Grant, I notice more of the Z switching with the bass going into it. Stange that I don't notice mmuch of a gain jump when talking into the mic. I figured the Great River has z hi/lo Z optiion and I wanted one too(me too syndrome).

BTW does anyone make orange knobs? I got red ones for the top trimm controls but they were too small.

numba 2? is un goes ta eleven. :wink:

[#2 got sucked into the vortex of working into the wee hours; ie I copy and pasted without renumbering. Hell, it's one of a kind, uh, not that I would ever want to make another one.]

Well you KNOW that the purple wire sounds better [ bastard ! ]

nice , way to cram it in there , my NV is 4 down the list , but i forgot
all about using your i/o/ pcbs which i have a few of ,
you used a 24v relays ?which from where ?
and the dual deck switches , what supplier ?

Anyway nice job , maybe small bear has Orange , i bet

[quote author="HappyTom"]Oh.. you can say that channel one is a stereochannel if a smartass is asking.. :grin:[/quote]
-Exactly!

Greg the Relays are the footprint of Omron's:
12V G5V-2-DC12
24V G5V-2-DC24

I used 48V on this since I had a bunch. I have a PCB layout here for the 10468 xfmr and you can use the switch PCBs that were fabbed.

The switches I got from Allied Electronics but can be had from digikey too. I had a bad experiiience with Allied and will not buy from them again unless I have to though.

Yeah purple adds a pleasant "color" to the sound :wink:

Back