Transformers To Hell!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm , i'm sure you don't want EVERYONE to send you their xfmrs
do you ? otherwise i have had many odd & interesting ones that i could
Is this going to be the best seller

Cj's Masterbook of Transformer reference
A historical Iron guide to sound

Some day when I´m "six feet under" I know where my audio transformer collection will be sent :grin:

Audio%20transform.%20collection.jpg

--Bo

I am trying to do all of these at once, I love to get transformers, but each oner takes a weekend of my life, so I am trying to free myself up by doing them all at once.

Bo, there is a gravitational anamoly near your house, i just know it.

Gavermil,

Yes, they are Marinair/St. Ives, but the mostly of them are T-31267/L-31267/VT-22671, for line level match. (not the L-10468/VT-22670 mike TX)

--Bo

CJ, what the heck...... I know this Haufe AU/V 74, it comes out of equipment I have seen before. Don´t tell me you want to kill my V72? :shock: What did you put in there instead? This one?

%C3%BC1.jpg

gimme a break :grin:

That a three phase with cloth served 12 retangular.
What in the world would I do with that?

You want phantom winding on your 72's?
Be the first on your block.

those core brackets are 2 by 3 angle, 3/8 th thick hot rolled.
looks like channel, but thats just an opto.

hey i just figured out a cool way to check for ohm meter damaging the magnetics while checking continuity of coils-you hook up an inductance meter, like a BK 875B, get a reading on the pri, leave the meter on, ohm out the secondary using a variety of meters you want to check, the dc from the ohm meter may or may not cause a drop in the inductance, which you are watching as you connect the ohmmeter.

continuing...

I might be interested in that Fender output transformer, does it work? Is it ultra-linear? I don't quite understand the Iron hacking, are you reverse engineering these? Is this for research purposes, and for building transformer clones? Are you mad? I'm not sure I want to know the answer, but I do have a pile of transformers that could be potential candidates for whatever dubious scheme you are up to.

Latest posts

Back