G7 Problem with PCB

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steppenwolf

Hi everybody!

Just wanted to post that I found an error on the G7 mic PCB I purchased from gustav. On my board an eyelet near the ground trace touched the trace and shorted a resistor to ground. I scratched it away... I noticed it before putting it together but I think this could cause problems...So please everybody out there with the same board, check, if yours is OK.

Have a nice day!
Stefan

steppenwolf thanks for your response. i 'd seen your post when it was first posted and allthough i had checked for this type of error befor i checked again. my pcb is ok. more likley there is an error on my part. i've been working 12 hour days for the past 2 months and the only time i get to work on my project is during lunch and dinner a work. today i'm home all day. unfortunetly my G7 is at work. now im thinking my G7 is not grounded correctly. although i've read through the metas i think i misunderstood something. gyraf mentions grounding the circuit at one point in the microphone. at pin 1 of the xlr.i did this and connected pin one to the mic body to sheild the microphone from rf interference. with the mic grounded this way my 0V ground does not make its way back to chassis(or earth) ground.
in a different thread gyraf writes:

So the "real" 0V/Gnd is the one at XLR7 pin1.
And yes, signal gnd (and chassis) goes to pin1 as well - so does mains gnd (on supply box end) if you have gnd in mains.

my circuit is not grounded "on supply box end" i'm hoping this is the simple answer to my G7 problem. to bad i wont know till tomorrow.

Could someone put this errata int eh G7 meta
I found this short problem on mine after rebuilding the whole circuit and then searching the forum here was the problem.
Thanks for finding this and posting! I may have never found it.

-Chuck

Latest posts

Back