My Dual Neve 1081

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChuckD

Presenting my Dual CD-1081 (NEVE Clone)

This was a very humbling project...
Working but I need to still put it through a series of tests to make sure it is to spec. It took me 2 years to complete on and off but mostly off.

chuck_neve1.jpg

chuck_neve2.jpg

chuck_neve3.jpg

chuck_neve4.jpg

chuck_neve5.jpg

chuck_neve6.jpg

chuck_neve7.jpg

chuck_neve8.jpg

Big thanks to Tommy Tones for making the boards and Kubi of course. Frank NRG and Steve Holst I could not have completed this without your help!! Thanks!

-ChuckD

Wonderful! Great job!
But now I will make the question of a million ... What are the references commercial the rotary switches and where you can buy? I have been trying for months to buy this and do not encounter.
Health, and thanks.

I'd say it was worth it no ? Looks Great !

second delaymix by saying it may ease the pain to share sources

Hope you get some fine recording done , looks like a world class box

[quote author="delaymix"]Wonderful! Great job!
But now I will make the question of a million ... What are the references commercial the rotary switches and where you can buy? I have been trying for months to buy this and do not encounter.
Health, and thanks.[/quote]
I wonder if it wouldn't make sense to do a new layout with realys instead of all those switches. Decent relays aren't too expensive any more, while it is difficult to find affordable good switches. Not to mention the effort to solder all the wiring - and it would make it easier to do stereo or even 6 channel versions...

But on topic: you did a terrific job building these! :thumb:

Michael

I'm sure chuck will chime in but I think the switches came from the switch group buy a few years ago.

I've asked that very question to him myself a few months ago.

Wow , I 'm looking at the wiring and thats a serious harness to contend with It looks so easy to get lost in all that. What sources did you use to get you through the wiring pain ?

Also what polyester caps did you choose for the EQ , looks like 715P's ?

Wish AMS Ne' e would sell the knob sets , but no dice.

Thanks for posting your Neve project , well done !!!

Chuck,
That looks killer. 2 years is worth such an acomplishment. I would imagine it sounds better then it looks and it looks fantastic. :thumb: keep up such beautiful work

:guinness: :guinness: Drink a cold couple of that.

1 question is all the stripe wire, dipped in wax. It looks like some Extra wire I picked up when I was de pinning elco's that was made with waxish materal convering the sleeve :?

Yes The switches were from the original group buy.
I used a modified version of Franks pot suggestion to attach regular pots.

The front panel was done in adobe illustrator.
is then printed on Safmat with inkjet (as per Frank's DIY page) and clear coated. Total cost of panel screen = $3.50 approx. I drill it myself with a stepped drill bit as suggested on the Meta. Saved a ton of money this way!! Of course you cannot have a black box but my estimate from FPE was over $250.00 so white box is better.

-ChuckD

Wow! I wish that project on no one. Seems like a huge effort. I hope the reward s sounding sweet.

Oh my... :shock: IM-PRES-SIVE !!!

Congratulations !!!

That would look perfect in my rack !!! :wink:

eD

Soooo fantastic, it made me forget to check about the Safmat job. :grin:

eD

Is NY Dave around? No? Then I can say WOW ! AMAZING!

Not many people have lived to complete this project. I'm always in awe of someone who does. Very nice panel as well.

jim

Back