MBHO capsule: opinion?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dukasound

What yours opinion about MBHO capsules.
I find this on http://www.amptec.de/test/MBHO%20608.html
Capsule is very expensive but probably very good.
Thanks in advance

that looks like the MBHO capsule I used in my square microphone

[quote author="dukasound"]
Capsule is very expensive but probably very good.
[/quote]

Can you get capsule separately? Where?

[quote author="Marik"]Can you get capsule separately? Where?[/quote]

Contact MBHO US...

http://www.mbho.de/sales03.htm

They sent me a catalog:

82 ? 3000 MBC KA 100 LK Linear Omni - Very Constant Frequency Response, Natural Tonal Response $329.00
82 ? 3010 MBC KA 100 DK Diffusefield Omni - Feat. 6 dB peak at 8-9 kHz for more distant pickup $329.00
82 ? 3020 MBC KA 200 N Cardioid - Highly versatile, max. Rejection on Rear-Incident Sound $329.00
82 ? 3030 MBC KA 300 NB Wide Cardioid - Slight Increase in low Frequency Reproduction comp. to KA 200$329.00
82 ? 3040 MBC KA 400 N Cardioid w/Low 12 dB Low Cut at 50 Hz - Speech optimized $329.00
82 ? 3050 MBC KA 500 HN Hypercardioid - Provides highest Directivity $389.00
82 ? 3060 MBC KA 800 A Figure Eight - MS Stereo Recordings etc. $778.00
82 ? 3070 MBC KA 1000 N 1? Large Diaphragm Cardioid Pattern, Gold-sputtered Vintage Capsule Design $999.00
82 ? 3080 MBC KA 1100 K 1? Large Diaphragm Omni Pattern, Gold-sputtered Vintage Capsule Design $999.00

Peace,
Al.

No, they don't sell the capsules separately, at least not anymore. The list above is of 'capsules' for their modular mic systems, but these are not just backplate/capsule assemblies, but rather are entire units ready to screw onto the mic amplifer body (headgrills, mesh, connectors, etc...)

The backplate/capsule assemblies were at one time for sale in the US -- at least I was able to buy one without problem, but when I sold it to Gus and then told the group here where I got it, the distributor's response was one of indignation and accusation that I tricked him into selling me one rather than interest in selling to willing buyers. My guess is MBHO doesn't want anyone selling their LD capsules outright, and now that it has been publicly posted that Marcus has, he needs to beat his chest and insist that he would never have done so willingly. (Can you tell I'm still a bit irritated with his accusations? :evil: :green: )

In any event, it was a great capsule, and one I would have kept had I known I wouldn't be able to replace it :shock: . If anyone has a connectin to MBHO, and are able to buy their LD capsules, they are definitely worth the investment.

There, I feel better.... :green:

JC

[quote author="JC"]Can you tell I'm still a bit irritated with his accusations?[/quote] Sure can, and I remember it. It seemed like he had jumped to a lot of conclusions with no questions asked. This is almost always a bad policy, for me anyway. Don't let it bother you...except the part where you don't have that cool capsule anymore!

Peace!
Charlie

[quote author="Gus"]that looks like the MBHO capsule I used in my square microphone[/quote]

What circuit you used and how it sounds? Is it like Neuman or AKG style capslule and is it higher class?
Duka

Back