Question for SSLTech

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MasonAtom

I just tried out your Super 77 technique on some Rowmark plastic... the image that I wanted to transfer adhered to the plastic nicely, but I was left with a relatively thick residue of the Super77 sitting on top. How do you remove this leftover adhesive without destroying the image that you transfered?

Thanks for the help.

Mason

Use Naptha, (or Zippo lighter fluid, which is the same thing in smaller, more expensive conatiners) and wash off the unwanted adhesive. Take care around the area which you want to keep though! :wink:

Also, try rubbing down the adhesive with a blank backing sheet, to make it all the same.

Remember though, the adhesive is actually pretty good as an adhesive base-coat for the clear lacquer, so taking it ALL off might not be as good as leaving some on.

The REAL trick is to do the transfer using as little super-77 as possible. -It can take a few test-passes on spare bits of metal to figure out the right amount.

Keith

Back