2254 Meter question

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kazper

I picked up a case for the 2254 that Tat had made. Someone had listed the replacement meter on that thread (which is gone). Anyone have a idea what the part number for it was?

I think it came from RS or Radial

I already asked Tat, he didn't know

Kevin

I looked up in my files, don't have it. You could try the way back internet archive machine and other sites that archive the net and find Purusha's old thread there.

The main thing is the size, any meter will work if it fits. And you've got the faceplate, so you can measure it.

It's a lot of wiring. How's the project coming?

Just got the stuff from another member. I looked it up, saw the meter and looked at it. Figured it would be still posted when I needed it, second thought I should write it down. Now I can't find it.. just my luck

Except for the Poor Mans 660, I'm out for any new projects. I have to start completing a few things :)

Except for the Tant's, meter, edge conects and 1/2 of the iron I have the stuff here to do it.

So this may be a quick project

[quote author="kazper"]

Except for the Tant's, meter, edge conects and 1/2 of the iron I have the stuff here to do it.

So this may be a quick project[/quote]

I wonder! I decided not to try it because of all the complex wiring between the boards and iron and many switches. I'll be curious to see when, and how many of these actually ever get finished.

Best of luck. :thumb:

Apparently according to Dan Alexander the 2254 shares the same meter as a Ward Beck M455, except it uses a different scale.

In the manual for the M455 it lists the meter as a Bach-Simpson 1452W 2K132-6.

I grabbed 2 used M455 from Dan for the project. and I'll have to figure out the scale for the meter :)

Back