GroupdDIY 511 Racks: round 5.5 available

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
btw, we have 15pin card edge connectors and 5pin Neutriks (fitting the backplane) in stock Wink
nobody asked about it so far ...
What would be the price for two  15 pins + shipping to Belgium?

the price difference between 11 x 18pin vs 11 x 15pin connectors is exactly the 5pin XLR, so

2 x 15pin Rack-Kit = EUR 230
1 x shipping Belgium = EUR 18,90
1 x 19% VAT = EUR 90,99
------------------------------
total = EUR 569,89

Sorry, I only need two connectors not the kit. This is for testing purposes for my mixbuzz500

When will it be likely to order for another set of metal work for 511 rack? I know I can get most of what I need from Jeff at classicapi, minus the heatsinks, but I am just preparing to budget out. And I would love to get in on the rack again. Is there anything left to buy?

-Brice

the metal work for a 3rd run is already ordered.
no timeframe yet from the manufacture.

to my knowledge Jeff is out of stock.
I have one GDIY511 kit left but won't ship outside the EU.
as far as I know Cemal has a small stock left.

Yes as far as the stock at my store. Cemal is producing another run of 100 and I am getting 50 for the store. I am not 100% sure of his time frame but they are in the works.

I'm just now jumping into this whole 51x thing. Who's Cemal and might they have some cases left? I did a little searching and didn't find any leads.

Hi Bob, Cemal's user name is Sahib and he is our colleague in Glasgow who handles the metal part of the project. If I am not mistaken, none of the 3 of us have rack stock. Cemal was in contact with his metal shop but I did not hear a delivery date yet. FWIW, I do have plenty of PSU stuff in stock if you are interested and want to get a head start there. I'm sure Cemal will chime in with a time frame as I have other folks waiting too.

Hey guys

As a friendly reminder, I have a list going for all the folks that have inquired about the next load of 51x racks. Cemal will have to let us know about timing but I am keeping track. So, if you care to get in line for the next round, just send me a quick note saying so.

Also, I have any 7 or 8 of the entire PSU case bundle left. We haven't talked about it but I don't think we will do another run of the special cases. The PSU PCB's, toroids and parts kits will always be around so no worries there. It's just the custom enclosure that may never come back. Maybe they will become a collectors item?!  :eek:  8)

To get on the 51x rack list, email to: kitorder [at] 51xAudio [.] com

As always, please include your country.  ;)

Many thanks!
Jeff

added to the first post:

People always want to compare our turnkey rack and PSU kit to a 10 space VPR rack, which is only a little more money. There are many threads that compare and explain the differences. They may be hard to find though. Mostly, our rack is 11 space not 10 and the PSU is a monster in comparison. Our PSU can run an 11 space rack full of VPR type modules running the full 130mA consumption on the bipolar 16V rails. Also, it can simultaneously run an 11 space rack full of 51x type modules running the full 130mA consumption on the bipolar 24V rails. More than double the girth of the typical on-board VPR type PSU. So, we have all the length and girth that they are lacking.

and some good news about delivery time:
They just confirmed that the prototype will be in my hands on 22nd July and the production will be complete by 5th August
we needed to change the metal work manufacture. since we want to go sure the metal work will be even better we decided to have them make a new prototype first.

Back