Share your Front Panel & Rear Panel designs here...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kazper

This is a thread to share front panel and rear panel layouts.

Please post links and send the file to the groupdiy email and the backup email account. (will post those addresses later today)

Anything posted should be considered free to use and follow normal forum rules... So no manufactures logo's etc.

Also post file format and information, a screen shot or picture of a finished front and the info regarding the case it was made for. It's up to the end user to verify the accuracy etc and customize it to meet there needs.

This would also be a good place to discuss front pannel layout software and tools neccessary for a great front panel design.

I have quite a few things to add myself once they have been proofed in a 1:1 print.

Kazper - great thread idea.

I only really have a DLA2A panel design that I can offer here, but I am enthused by a deposit of other members, even if just to draw reference from.

;)
Who do I post my .fpd files to?

P1010086.jpg

P1010054-1.jpg

P1010050.jpg

Any site will do, but I think you can create an account at the twin-x picture site and host them as well. Again send them to the Group DIY Gmail accounts (both)as well.

http://www.twin-x.com/groupdiy/

I've mainly been working on Parmetal cases, rear panels for some of my upcoming projects. I have a single channel 1176 in works also that I may get the time to finish it up this weekend. Once I remove some of my customization (my Name etc) I'll post them up.

I spoke about printing 1:1 proofs. I made a custom size paper and then buy poster board and cut it down to 6"-8" widths at staples on there large cutter so I get a 24"x6", 24"x8" sheets and then run it through the printer. I bought a old HP deskjet from a thrift shop to use for this, but you may be thrifty already at home of have access to a plotter.

Hi i am just finishing my 2 channel 1073, which i want to house in a 2u rack and have looked at a couple of company's but have found them to expensive for just one unit. My 1073 will be similar to RRS's shown in the thread with pad/phase/48v switchs 2 gain pots and a mains on/off with 3 leds also. Can any one either help advise on doing the front panel myself or are there any reasonably priced company's?? I do have some good experience with metal work but not laser engraving or screen printing, unfortunately.

Cheers
Sam

Here's a bunch of front panels for things I'm working on: All of these haven't been made yet so no guarantees. Feel free to modify as you guys see fit, I've gotten more than my fair share from this community I hope I can give a few things back.

GPultec: I went with a different arrangement of the controls that make sense to me, they do however require you do wire the front panel rather than use the pcb mounts.
Program-Equalizer-to-Laser.jpg

AI File:http://benlindell.com/diy/Program%20Equalizer%20to%20Laser.ai

Neumann W492: This is a 4 channel layout for the Omeg pots from TAW.
W492-to-Laser2.jpg

AI File:http://benlindell.com/diy/W492%20to%20Laser2.ai

S800: Also a 4 channel layout.
S800-to-Laser2.jpg

AI File:http://benlindell.com/diy/S800%20to%20Laser2.ai

LA-4: a 2 channel version with AL29 Meters and a 4PDT switch for the metering instead of a rotary switch.
LA-4-to-Laser.jpg

AI File:http://benlindell.com/diy/LA-4%20to%20Laser.ai

Does anyone have any basic rear panel layouts? For example 4 XLR, EIC, and a Fuse. This would be a great help I'd imagine for alot of people here. I am looking for a cool EZ1290 front panel layout for a stereo unit. Anyone?

-Brice

Oh that's pretty! I really like the dot thing around the knobs down there, has
kind of a subtle effect...I'm imagining it lighting up ;)

Here's mine:

Laser Mask for LEDs (DXF)

FPD for LEDs

Etching Mask for Circles (PDF)

Radiance was so kind as to convert it to FPD but the circles still need to be replaced
with drill holes and I'm a bit strapped for time too, but it's usable as a starting-off point.
It's geared for Adam Hall rack from Thomann.

wholething.jpg

meters.jpg

Rear panels coming up when I get around to it (4/8XLR Neutrik B, IEC, 11mm fuse, 6mm groundlift switch)

livingnote said:
Oh that's pretty! I really like the dot thing around the knobs down there, has
kind of a subtle effect...I'm imagining it lighting up ;)

Here's mine:

Laser Mask for LEDs (DXF)

FPD for LEDs

Etching Mask for Circles (PDF)

Radiance was so kind as to convert it to FPD but the circles still need to be replaced
with drill holes and I'm a bit strapped for time too, but it's usable as a starting-off point.
It's geared for Adam Hall rack from Thomann.

wholething.jpg

meters.jpg

Rear panels coming up when I get around to it (4/8XLR Neutrik B, IEC, 11mm fuse, 6mm groundlift switch)

gorgeous.

Wow these are some really incredible pieces. It's nice to see them all in one thread. It can be a pain in the ass to search for them all.

Keep em coming!

Way to get some steam moving on the front panels. I've been real busy at work so I haven't had time to update this myself, but I do have lots of stuff to give.

Latest posts

Back