JLM AC/DC wiring for 24vdc/48v??? help

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

gerardmanvuca

JLMACDCneve.jpg

When he sais "add strap accross cap as shown"  does he mean just put a jumper wire from the positive leg of the cap to the negative leg (botom right of pic1). then this will disable the negative rail which he shows as crossed out block in the pic? or does the crossed out part of the pic mean you leave out those parts and add the jumper wire where the cap would be?
and do i need to add a jumper from the 2 diodes to the positive leg of the midle/right cap?
any help wud be much appreciated

I'm guessing you have ver 2 pcb?  So the neg rail parts are left off which is the upper right hand corner and the bottom corner with the x of the pcb in the pic.   And for your transformer use the D pad on the front edge of the board for the doubler with a 25V-0-25V transformer.   Here is the link to JLM forum

http://www.jlmaudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=111

where you can download the schematic which has info for transformer connection.  Also Joe is very helpful with providing info on his forum and here.

Joe confirmed to me that any DC voltage rails & associated parts that are not required can be left on the AC/DC board without any problems, I didn't need the -24VDC for the EZ1290 but fitted them on. It's maybe best to do it this way as the AC/DC can someday be used to troubleshoot future projects if needed.

JLMACDCwiringRS.jpg

Latest posts

Back