Microtran M4919 Innerstage

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CJ

GDIY Supporter
now were talkin, this Japanese company really puts out some esoteric stuff, so we need to get inside,

to verify that there is no audiophoolery of transcendental euphoria due to magical wire, you get me?

this thing did turn out to be blueprint worthy, as you will see,

34jf7nm.jpg

2hmhs8n.jpg

11il37q.jpg

30vbt48.jpg

2j1m04y.jpg

xkztc6.jpg

14uhsed.jpg

5njct5.jpg

last of the carnage,

this is only the second xfmr i have hacked that had 4 mil lams, they bend like foil, so hard to save,

looks like 80 Ni with a special glaze like mag metals used to use, called insulaze, it keeps the loss down,

11bkad5.jpg

that's 4,600 turns of #44 close to the core, i  lost track of the outer winding,  :mad:

have to see if i can find the turns ratio

you can also just see 225 turns of a wire shield, also #44, 2 layers,

210kpx2.jpg

28l6ogx.jpg

206c4k2.jpg

s5vl2c.jpg

40 lams, .004"  square stack,

2prv9et.jpg

so 4,600 T #44, then the E shield, 225 T #44, then the outer winding, which is #44 also,

lots of mu cans,  the Henries front and backwere both over 200, i can get the ratio of the net,

Hi CJ,

May I ask what are the sound characteristics of Microtrans transformers? Is there a sound characteristic that makes them special? A neighbour that used to be a HAM is selling a couple of M4919.

Cheers,

never heard one, but the lams look special, no burr,, nicer finish, hi perm,

so if there is a sound difference, it is probably the laminations, can not see if it is square or round loop,

i need to wrap some wire around those lams and scope out the B-H.

Latest posts

Back