Help with Philips germanium mic-line amp module EL3660/00

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bxt403

So I won two modules on ebay and the seller sent me a pdf of the service manual that's missing the most important pages (the schematics and pinouts).  There are some test diagrams but they don't tell where the gnd, and +/- voltage pins are.  If anyone knows the information I need for the EL3660 module I would greatly appreciate it if they can share what they know...

From the pages I do have here's what I THINK the pinouts are:

1: input +
2: input -
3: gnd
4: gnd
5: ???
6: ???
7: ???
8: ???
9: output -
10: output +
11: ???

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Any pics?

You can usually spot the psu rails- 0V has larger traces and areas of shielding copper, and the +/- rails will have electrolytics strapped from them to 0V (giving away the polarity!) Look at output stage- get pinout of transistors, google for data whether NPN/PNP, then apply this to spotting emitters and collectors to rails (according to polarity)

Watch out if it is germanium devices, as it was common to swap polarity of PSU rails- germanium was more common as PNP and the "0V" rail is +Ve and the "Vs" rail the -Ve supply.

If in any doubt, don't connect power.

Some modules have handy "foolproof" diodes in series with the power input pins to stop any polarity problems- clues like this are handy.

Hope this helps!

Mark

picture.php

picture.php

My friend probably has pinouts for these things since he owns a few philips mixing consoles. I'll ask him when i see him. He's on this forum too as "frits" but doesn't visit that often.

greetings,

Thomas

p.s. most if not all philips modules i've seen run on either +24V or +40V not bipolar.

i have two philips EL6510 germanium mic pre modules.
these runs with -20 to -30V

pin 1... +supply
pin 2
pin 3
pin 4... mic (hot?)
pin 5... mic (gnd?)
pin 6... mic (cold?)
pin 7....-supply
pin 8....+supply
pin 9....earth (should be connected with +supply pins)
pin 10..output (unbalanced)

Latest posts

Back