My dual 1176 Rev D [pics inside!]

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ilya

I've finally finished my first dual 1176 Rev D. I was fortunate to have some original input trafos and NOS wirewound T-pads.
I'm very pleased with the compressor, it sounds fantastic!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

If you look closely you'll see that the boards have different PSU. One has an onboard PSU, and for the other I used Purple PSU schematic. I'm planning to build the second Purple PSU and replace the onboard one with it.

mulletchuck said:
fantastic build!  who did your front panel?

Sorry for a late answer, I haven't got thread notifications for some reason...

I've made the panel myself. I've got a CNC machine (which was another exciting project itself  ;) ) so front panels are not a problem for me now!  ;D

Are those heatsinks overkill? I have small ones for mine and I am wondering whether I should change mine.

Are you noticing those heatsinks get very hot?

Yeah, those big heatsinks are probably overkill.
I've noticed that the small ones are getting quite hot and decided to put a larger ones. I've looked for the most convenient way to mount larger heatsinks to the existing heatsinks and those big ones were the easiest to attach. That's how they ended up in the unit.

stereokillah said:
Ilya  how many time of work for your please?

stereokillah
Not sure if I undestand your question... Did you you mean how much time have I spent building CNC? The design and build from start to finish took roughly half a year. Most of the time it was gathering $$$ and waiting for shipments from US. The actual build time was six to seven days.

Hello, your front panel layout is excellent. I'm getting older, so I love the larger text, and the logical placement of controls. very nice.

Back