LA3A 500 BUILD

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peter purpose

Let's get started with a BOM.

http://lazpro.com/LA3ABOM.xls

WARNING... THIS THING CAN PACK A HIGH VOLTAGE PUNCH... TRUST ME.

Consider yourselves warned.

I just called the supplier about the LSI 37721-1, pricing is $82.50 / unit, minimum P.O. of $500 (so, 7+ units).
The rest of the parts are cheap so it seems this would be a better alternative than buying a T4B and taking out the guts.
Or, a cheaper alternative to this part? If this part is the one, maybe a group buy? Let me know if there is interest. Lead time of 12-16 weeks, unfortunately!

Have a look toward the end of the Hairball white market thread.  Mike says that he's getting together a kit of parts for this build and will have everything in just a few weeks.  Perhaps we can give him a poke and see what that will include.

Brian

Quote from Mike:
I'll have a transformer bundle (Input, Output and EL driver) for the Peter Purpose 500 series LA3A in about 3 weeks.
The EL driver is a transformer, not the EL panel, unless I am mistaken.

I'm hoping to have the transformer bundle in stock this week.  I'm just waiting on the unframed B11148.

Yes the el driver is a transformer.

Mike

Ah.. got it!  Thanks, Mike.

DMP, to help make the order I'll be in for two from LSI if we go that way.  Let me know if I can help out in any way.

$82.... that's forgen robbery..!!
I tried to get Drip to get a package together, but the cnut couldn't be bothered to answer.

Hi All,

Transformers are in stock:
http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=28923.msg536745#msg536745

Thanks to Peter for the project and for being an all around easy guy to deal with.

Mike

Regarding the T4B, how does it mechanically go together?

Glancing at the PCB photos, the LDR's mount to the main board and the EL panel mounts to a separate daughter board that sits over the top? Electrical connections made through the big pcb pins? 

t4b3a.jpg

t4b3.jpg

BTW.... I forgot to put a heatsink and transistor pads in the bom.

Back