Inductors! Pultec, Trident, Neve, Custom etc

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrioN

inductor1.jpg

inductor2.jpg

inductor3.jpg

I offer custom inductors, as well as inductors for projects found around the forum, such as the varieties of Pormans,Pultecs,Neves,Tridents, custom EQs and so on.

Tolerance is a nice +/- 5%. These sound pretty darn excellent!

I've yet to see one clip and saturate. (but working on it)

I've attached a pdf with a drawing of the rm8 at the end of this massage. I need to be a member to obtain it, a think.
Is time goes a bit slow on the inductormakingbusiness, mu metal can might come, let me know If you need some.

The chassis mounted looks like this:

RM8-1.jpg

Contact me for custom works.

Price and shipping

Inductor prices at quantities:

€15 at 10+
€16 at 4-9

At the present, you can  a minimum of four (4) inductors, but you can make them and mix them as you wll.

Flatrate shipping worldwide:
untrackable €10
trackable €25

The postal service delivery time is 2-8 days, destination dependable.

To order, please don't use PMs as the inbox gets full very quickly.

Use nicolasjson (at] gmail (dot] com preferably combined with a post in the thread as it make things easier for me.

Attachments

• rm8.pdf
    238.1 KB · Views: 301
Don't think so.
Drip boards are made for Sowter/grommet type inductors.
You could could of course wire them of board but in that case I'd skip the Drip board.

Not anytime soon. I would really like to though. I need a couple myself.

Rochey said:
do you have the potential to make torroidal inductors? I have a friend who's really been looking for some.

/R

Now offering inductors for all your Neve needs. These does not have the same footprint as the carnhills, but thats easily done with a proto board.

Would you be able to do inductors for API 533 clones? I believe there's a 1 henry inductor and a 100 millihenry inductor.

Here's the schematic for peterc's 5003eq http://twin-x.com/groupdiy/displayimage.php?pos=-3946

I'll be doing a rackmount version with a couple extra frequencies

Received my MEQ inductors. Thanks for the super fast turnaround.  I have a question about the pinouts.  The  red dot is on a different pin on the low freq  inductor and it appears  each successive tap progresses clockwise (looking from above) where as it seems on the other two the taps move counter clockwise from their red dots. Is this correct? i don't want to start in eagle with a bad assumption of the pinouts.
Oh, and thank you Cyril that was my next question.

Nice to hear they've arrived. Yes, the low freq inductor should be like that. Infact all the inductors have their own pinout system.
I made them compatible with Franks PCBs. Let me know if you need a picture of the pinouts.

Cyril: Cool! As a matter of fact I will be offering chassis mounted inductors very soon.

cheers

Nicolas, it's good news for the chassis. i'm sure this little part will have sucess like your inductors.
I'll contact you soon for the inductors needed for the 2x Ten81 projects.
I just recieved the boards for two unit.
Here is the Ref for the Inductors
                              Neve Part No.        Carnhill Part No.
L1 Hi Mid Range  vt22675                  vtb9048
L2 Lo Mid Range  vt22674                  vtb9047

soundcollage said:
Received my MEQ inductors. Thanks for the super fast turnaround.  I have a question about the pinouts.  The  red dot is on a different pin on the low freq  inductor and it appears  each successive tap progresses clockwise (looking from above) where as it seems on the other two the taps move counter clockwise from their red dots. Is this correct? i don't want to start in eagle with a bad assumption of the pinouts.
Oh, and thank you Cyril that was my next question.

soundcollage, i have one home etching board for the three inductors needed for the MEQ5.
PM me if you're intersted ;)
cheers,

Cyril

Back