GSSL HELP THREAD!!!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
stereokillah said:
guitarguy12387
check this link http://www.kpsec.freeuk.com/components/led.htm
it's bester to make the led in series and like Harpo explain you can find the good resitor value for your Gssl
check your voltage in your control board where you should put you wire for the led and you could do your calculation

SIXTYNINER  take the +15 and 0 on the wire transformer directly before the Board with resitor in series with the power led and meter led like harpo said.
stereokillah thanks for help
i go to try about the way harpo posted
and let you know
cheers
6T9R

Hello,

What rating should we use for the G-SSL main fuse please ?
I saw here and there that's 350mA T-Lag, is it alright for 110V AC input ?

Is 500mA-Tlag ok ?

Thanks

D.

i am getting .2V DC on the input pin's 2 and 3.
is this normal? there should be zero volts on the input connections?
to me it seems that those input capacitors should block the DC voltage???
??? ??? ???

Cheers
R.

the black lead of my meter is connected to pin 1 of my input XLR's. any ideas?
i tried disconnecting my turbo board and control PCB.
and am still getting the .2 Vdc on the input.

hi everyone!

I´m in the process of building my second gssl, this time with ssc + turbo board.
i nearly got all my boards stuffed but im having a problem with the 1n4001 diode on the ssc boards from gustav.
they dont fit through the hole!!!! :eek:
I was looking for a replacement diode (other manufacturer or whtevr) but it seems I cant find one with thin enough wires???
Am I the only one with that problem?
can i drill larger holes in the pcb without destroying it? or does anybody know where to get the proper diode?

thank you for the help!

martin

Hi Martin,

I just ran into that same situation yesterday !

I drilled the holes bigger but only had a .062 drill bit and went too big and had to scrape off some of the solder mask to make sure I had contact, I'm going to try and get a .034 drill bit, I measured the lead at .030, that should leave enough solder pad, but thats just what I'm doing, I'm also curious if anyone else has had this and what they have done to correct.

Chip
note: measurements in inches, ( I'm in the U.S.)

I had the same problem with the turbo board, I ended up trimming the wire lead down (trimmed it to a point first, once it went thru all was well)with my snips until it fit thru the hole...a little flux does not hurt...

thanks all! so i can  stop looking for a replacement !!
I´ll try what works best 4 me!

cheers, martin

Hi All,

Can a modification be made so a 100ma meter can be used in the GSSL? I've only gotten to page 55 of this thread and havent seen anything on this yet.

Thanks,
          Chip

audiophreak said:
Can a modification be made so a 100ma meter can be used in the GSSL? I've only gotten to page 55 of this thread and havent seen anything on this yet.
from page 1 of this thread you want a 1mA fsd meter (or even lower, like 100uA fsd with additional resistor).
Mod for using a 100mA fsd meter? sure, place an amp stage in front that can drive this load (meter resistor 20 ohm). A TL072 on its own will not drive a 100mA meter to full scale deflection.

I got a couple of nice meters for free, one is a 1ma the other is 100ma, I thought if there was something I could do with the 100ma, it would have been nice to have matching meters, I'm building two of them.  I now understand that I could go with a lower value and reduce the current, but not the otherway ;D

sorry for the newbieness  :-[

Thanks Kieth and Harpo

im still plagued by this .2vdc on the input of my GSSL between pin 1 and 2 of the XLR.
any ideas? ??? ??? ??? ???
where would be a good place to start looking for this nasty .2vdc?
Cheers

kind regards
Robert.

damien said:
Hi,

Anyone could give the correct slow-blow fuse rating ?

thanks
Hi damien,

short answer - No.

You may have a toroid or EI core transformer, differing in inrush current, at whatever VA rating. You may have additional circuits in your box, like the turbo, sidechainfilter(s), blend-circuits, various meters - maybe bulb or LED iluminated, charger for electric shaver, ...
Transformer VA rating will set the limit, so this number is easier to pick than calcluating and adding the current draw of all active an passive parts under load.

Assuming, you use a 6VA transformer, divide this VA by your mains voltage, giving 6VA/110V=0.055A. This transformer is maybe only 70% efficient, so multiply the 0.055A by (1/0.7), giving 0.078A. Nearest larger fuse rating will be 100mA. For the larger inrush current of a toroid you want this with slow blow/time lag characteristic. Fuse voltage rating is at least your mains voltage to prevent arcing when this fuse blows, so a 250V/100mA T (=slow blow) might fit for this example. Your transformer may/will be different, so do the math with your values.

Hello people,

i do have a question about some capacitors...
i dont understand the diffrence between those types, like tantal ceramic or foil / polyester?
i guess i will buy the wrong ones, so if any one can show me a photo of the dirffrent ones
or even show me a link where to buy those, please...

on the pcb they are .1, in the part list i can only find 100nf... i also cant find the right ones in online shop...
i also cant find 1pcs TANTALUM CAPACITOR 6.8µF-35V, 5pcs TANTALUM CAPACITOR 0.47µF-35V on the PCB?

thanks for any advice

hi tonegenerator,

are you aware of this BOM?

http://members.cox.net/capstanrecording/SSLCloneParts.pdf

it's a bit old but really good to start with.

Latest posts

Back