RE: Help with Behringer ADA8000

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fznuk

Hi Guys,

Im new to the forum...so a big hi from Wales. UK!

I stumbled across this great informative forum when my Behringer ADA8000 died on me this morning after years of use :(

And, as with most Behringer kit..its the poor PSU's - or so it seems with this kit! (I also have a DDX Behringer mixer that needs repairing...and yep, the PSU!!)

My ADA8000, on closer inspection, had blown the rear fuse (T3.15A) which i replaced...the unit fired up ok but i heard a crackling from the transformer which started to heat up rapidly...so before it burnt out i read on here a regulator could be shorted, raising the current draw and might be why its overheating?

I done a bit of reading on here and concluded that it might be a great idea to rebuild an external seperate PSU but would just like a few things clarified if possible?

1) What are the pin-out voltages of the transformer?
2) What are the current ratings of those voltages?
3) does it need to be a toroidal transformer? Can i use switch-modes? I have a mass collection of different PSU's, transformer and SMPT's.
4) Is it still best to add the bigger CAP's and Resistors?

Cheers guys!

;)

there's a behringer ADA8000 thread already , if you saw it  , usually a good idea to keep the posts together
I believe it has a fix & parts list for the psu on board and no reported problems there after
I believe it explains what is done and why [ smart guy  ]

okgb said:
there's a behringer ADA8000 thread already , if you saw it  , usually a good idea to keep the posts together
I believe it has a fix & parts list for the psu on board and no reported problems there after

Ah yes, sorry, i did read them...and found some of the info out as i read further into it all, together with a great PDF on the voltages.

I suppose this post cant be moved there now?

I also just wanted an answer if i can utilize what i have here rather than have to go out and purchase more components? Most of the information on here requires new ..... I just wondered if external SMTP's can be used or will they introduce more noise?

cheers  ;)

Latest posts

Back