PROJECT HOPE, HELP SAVE PHELICITY!!! Beez Neez K67 and K47 capsules.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Enchilada

Hey guys,

If anyone here is after K47 or K67 style capsules, why not help out Ben and Veronica over at Beez Neez. They're selling some capsules to raise some money to help their daughter Phelicity.

From their site:
These capsules are available to help save Phelicity. Phelicity is the daughter of Ben and Veronica Sneesby, who was born with a rare and serious heart defect called Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome. Ben and Veronica have just found out that Phelicity needs to return to the United States for emergency heart surgery to help buy time for Phelicity to get a heart transplant. These are not Beesneez capsules however they are the best from China and are used by many leading brands. This K47 capsule shares the same Neumann footprint and are perfect for the budget conscious.

Get the K47 here:
http://www.beesneezmicrophones.com.au/store/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=111

Get the K67 here:
http://www.beesneezmicrophones.com.au/store/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=112

You can also donate to Phelicity directly by clicking the donate button below:

I'm in no way affiliated with Beez Neez and I haven't been asked to advertise on their behalf (if you're reading this Ben I hope this is OK with you). I don't even know Ben personally but I'm a fellow Aussie and he has been super helpful with my U47 project I'm building.

Thanks for reading,

Kris

I would really suggest a Donation Paypal Button if possible , that might work as well,
Best,
Dan,

It's is not her first fight, folks. That lovely little girl has gone through a lot already. This kind of thing gives me shivers, especially when it happens to children. And imagine what it must be like for her loved ones. Ben and Veronica work very hard to make their company (even) more successful. It's amazing how fast they grew in such a short period of time. And I think we can guess where at least part of the motivation comes from.

So yes, donating is a good idea, as is buying BeesNeez products in general.
And if you're short on dough right now, here's another thing you can do. If you like BeesNeez products, don't forget to tell others about that e.g. on the various fora. Hey, they're high quality products that deserve promotion, even if this misfortune didn't exist.

I wish that I could send a larger donation. I have a 4 year old daughter, so I can merely imagine what Ben and his family are going through. You guys will be in my thoughts.

Chad

I e-mailed Eliza.
Membranes on the Chinese K47 are 6um DuPont Mylar. 

Six microns is pretty much the standard, but some of the Chinese K47s, like Microphone Parts' RK-47, have three-micron membranes (hence my question). From what I understand this is to extend treble response, since the typical K47 design rolls off the trebles a little too soon for some.
But not everyone likes the thinner membranes, either for tone or for the fact they can be sucked towards the backplate at somewhat higher polarization voltages. (And/or stretching in the long run?)
Anyway, if given the choice, I would go for six.  :)

I didn't ask about the K67, but those are virtually always six microns (not counting the ultra thin Stephen Paul version). By design, they have treble in spades anyway.

Back