Universal input/output THAT balanced board with bypass/ power supply. Interest?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Igor

Have an idea. To make a universal input/output board which: simplifies wiring, life, etc ;)

Check the picture.

Instead of having bypass boards, power supply board, balancing/unbalancing boards, here it is all in one.

Ah yep, 16-pin ribbons will be replaced by the ones with the screws, 3.81mm pitch, as you, lazy dudes, like.

Example of use.... Most of projects here! ;)

Minds? Thoughts?

Attachments

• IO_PCB.png
    IO_PCB.png
    392.4 KB · Views: 169
I think its a good idea. To make it even more universal I would make it possible to bypass the That ICs since a lot of prodjects already have some ballansing circuits/ transformers. A stock of ready made 1U and 2U cases with the rigth cutouts that fits a standard FPE 19" front...and we are ready to roll..

ahh, I see those bal connectors now infront of the That bal stages...so the bypass is taken care of. Well, just some metal work to go with it then..:)

gemini86 said:
Doesn't JLM make something like this?
Nope ;) A different animal at all.

Joechris said:
I think its a good idea. To make it even more universal I would make it possible to bypass the That ICs since a lot of prodjects already have some ballansing circuits/ transformers. A stock of ready made 1U and 2U cases with the rigth cutouts that fits a standard FPE 19" front...and we are ready to roll..

Dat's easy. I can add 3 pin connectors right at the IC's place. But really preferable for some project like GSSL, W492 etc to replace
"balanced" output stage to _balanced_ output stage. Two inverting opamps one after another cannot be called balanced, THAT1646 or DRV134 do the job perfect.

Latest posts

Back