Gyraf Calrec EQ - PCB Rev 5

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's for an optional HPF/LPF filter and gain stage that I never got around to layouting.

Just mount the link, and you'll be fine.

Jakob E.

i love the way on the origional they got around this by putting half the pots on the otherside of the pcb, but with really long shafts :roll:

Yep, nice compact design, that Calrec.

But not quite so nice when you try sourcing the pots for maintenance. That type is out of production very long ago..

Jakob E.

A quick question for either Gustav or Jacob.

On the pcb's that Gustav makes, lots of the part values on
the silk screens have been changed from the orginal Gyraf schmos.
As an example most of the 5k1's have been changed. Should
I assume that Gustav's silks are now correct? It does seem
that Magnus's parts list reflect these changes.

Thanks guys

Gary

I am putting the calrec into a half width 1 RU height rack unit which is only 220 mm deep...
I didn't realise that it came on 2 PCBs (my fault for not reading) Jakobs pages properly
Swithces and pots are mounted into the front cover and solder linked to the boards are to relays
My current thinking is to either mount the PCBs on each side of the cover so they nearly meet in the middle when you close it
or...
mount the 2 pcbs on top of one another but at 90degrees - one on small pcb pillars - the other on larger ones...
I can't put the pcbs on top of each other properly because the gustav pcbs don't come with any mounting holes - and the only place to put them is not the same on both pcbs
If anbody has got a clever way of mounting pcbs on top of each other with different mounting holes on each please let me know...

my PSU is mounted in another enclosure and I have to fit in two PCB relay boards for the swtches as well....

Most nights I bring out the pcbs and look at them and the box and think if only somebody comes out with a adapter that you can just put the corner of the pcb into.. and then mount via the corner everything would be fine....

Well, I'm not sure if this is acting up or not, I will be builting another one shortly when the board arrives for testing, I thought possibly I could replace the 5k1's with 1k5's (I tihnk that was the swap?) but if I short the 10k on the bal - IC, gain loop, mine has the correct gain. So, if I'm compensating for a mistake somewhere, I've managed to screw alot of stuff up, fix it, and then come back to the same balacned gain issue, and then finally un boosted the gain on the balanced and it worked.
It's within +/-1db accross a sweep 20-20k.

Or I've hosed the ratio somewhere and that's just compensating.. of course.. But where, I can't quite figure it out..

Jakob

Is there an updated schemo for the rev 5 board? I have
2 that are mostly finished... just waiting on 2 parts. I would
like to study and understand the changes made to the schemo
that led to rev 5.

Thanks

Gary

I have made the PCBs as per rev4 drawing and now I'm collecting parts.Will those PCBs still work?
Are the changes corrected mistakes or just improvements?.
Thanks for any clarification,I've been absent from the forum for a couple of months.
Aharon

I've seen some other differences in the pcb from gustav vs. the pdf that is online.

The schematic from the pdf at gyraf has some(most) of the tanlums in a different direction. The component diagram is the same as the board, but the schematic has the polarity oppositie. Should I follow the board or the schematic. What should I do if the cap isnt' labeled? Should they all be backwards?

Also, there is a 100uF cap in series with a 100nF film cap near the 47uF electrolytic. The baord says 22uF but the parts list and pdf have 100uF. Will there be any problems with using the 100uF?

I am building 2 calrecs and I am having a heck of a time trying to find this 33uf 16v part without having to order a huge amount at a costly price. I have twenty four 47uf 35v tantulum pieces available. Will this work instead of 33uf 16v? I am a total newb at this but a guy at work said it shouldnt matter because its just regulating power???

hello Jakob
i want to redesing the pcb's to make it smaller and set it all on 1 eurocard (also i have the SOIC package of 5532 IC's)

after trying to copy the circuit into eagle i found some parts that not on circuit but mounted on pcb and missing parts on pcb that shown on schems

is this is the schems that been used for pcb's???
http://www.gyraf.dk/gy_pd/calreq/calr_eq.gif

also if anyone can plz post .sch file's of the eq???
would be very helpfull and save some headich's

10x in advance

Hi folks

A couple of questions on connections on the calreq PCB (I have the Rev 5 boards from Gustav).

there are pin out connections (seven lots) that (I presume) link the two boards and also go to power supply and inputs and outputs

could someone clear up for me just which link to which (or where).
:?

They are;
- two marked '(out)'; bottom right PCB(1) and left PCB(2) (silk side)
- two rows of six pins (one) marked '0 + - a b 0'; off centre right PCB(1) and left PCB(2)
- and three other rows (of three pins), one on PCB(1) and two on PCB(2); bottom left of both boards

If these do go to the balanced input and output and PSU do I link the boards or just run wire from each board to the right destination separately?

hope this ain't too dumb a query - my soldering's great but my schematic reading ability still leaves a bit to be desired :oops:

I looked at some of the pics of finished units but can't quite make it out

They all look really great btw :shock: - I'm WELL impressed :thumb: - just hope I can do half as good a job as some of them

If the answer's on another thread please could someone point me there

Thanks a lot

Al

Latest posts

Back