Soundfield ST250

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SSLtech

..I have a dead Soundfield mic here (AMS era) -no output whatsoever. The power LED is on, but no signal out of the box.

I'd love to DIY new set of electronics (can anyone say 4xGyraf G7 electronics followed by a nice matrix encoder/decoder!!! :twisted: ) but this has to be repaired for a frined of mine... :sad:

Anyone here got any schematics or info of what voltages should be on which pins? Since it's a total failure to pass any signal, I assume that it's something 'spinal' like a PSU...
BTW, everything inside the cigarette-packet-sized PSU/preamp/matrix box is surface mount and is packed in there tighter than a camel's arse in a sandstorm, so it's not easy to start looking for power on IC pins, though in the absence of any information, I might have to start there.

Keith

Hi Keith,

No damn help at all I'm afraid, but the thought of you >DIY'ing< a Soundfield just made me think...

SFD_Tetrahedral.jpg

:shock:

Woohoo!

Back OT...can you take a stab at what rails are going about from the pcb traces and groups of decoupling caps etc?

Mark

did you ever find schematics for the AMS ST-250? I have one here that is noisy --- an intermittant whine

this schematic is for it's cousin in case it could be useful

Attachments

• schematic-1.pdf
    589.5 KB · Views: 46

Latest posts

Back