8 channel green pre ready!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Hi!

Finally, after days (months) of work, it?s ready!

Tested all channels, and first recording session is also done, and it works perfectly.

There are two instrument input jacks in front panel that are not working currently, because lack of time, but someday, when I got more time, I am going to fix those also.

The build is based on the first (?) Green Pre version and the wiring is a bit chaos but still maintainable... I think...

Some pics can be seen in: http://koti.welho.com/iotsala/

Thanks to people in this forum for awesome information and documentation!

-Ile

Helsingissä tällähetkellä, vähän pohjosempaa alun periään...

I haven't noticed any noise problems, it is really quiet. I have done some "smoke tests" and everything works without any disturbing noise levels. Maybe I should think about shielding... But before that I should do some more tests

About the total costs, I have all receipts, but I haven't calculated the total cost yet. But I think the total price for all parts was something between 350-450?.

-Ile

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
I´m curious who will come out with a higher package-density. How about 8 Fairchild in 2unit case?
:green: :guinness:
Jens

nice! i like your logo! mä oon kans helsingistä, tosin alkuperäisasukas.

-e

p.s. where did you manage to order the gyraf style knobs? direct from farnell?

Nice work. I like the logo too!

Siistiä! En tiennytkään, että täällä on näin paljon Suomalaisia.
Täällä yksi Oulusta.

-Okko

Täällä myös yksi synkeämielinen ikuisen talven maan asukki. :grin:

Joensuussa asustelen ja opiskelen, tosin Järvenpäästä olen kotoisin.

Nice work, by the way. :thumb:

Antti

:shock:
(They speak in their alien language...please don't get ME for your experiments on human race...please!)
Very nice unit!!!
I wonder if there aren't more people building the MK 1 of the green...
i only saw three readily build units around in pics (i'm wiring mine at the moment, so i looked for that). I. e. yours, Kev's and Peter's ("boxed only :grin: ")...

Greets :thumb:

Martin

Really nice work! I am finishing a pair of Pultecs right now and I think Ill take a shot at the green pre next. Did you by the boards pre-made or make them your self? What power transformer are you using to power all 8 modules?

Nick

Looks like a lot of DIYers in Finland!! :thumb: Keep it up!

Very nice unit btw!

:guinness:
Fabio

About the knobs, I bought those from www.musikding.de. And the power transformer is Trafox labelled (finnish power transformer manufacturer) 55VA. Less should be fine anyhow, but when I bough it, there was no smaller available...

And the boards, I made those by myself.

-Ile

Latest posts

Back