Using a oscilloscope

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cannikin

Hey Guys;

Wondering if you could help me out - Where can I find some good documentation on testing gear with an oscilloscope.

I have one but don't really know how to use it correctly.

I have a piece of gear that has a ground problem (I think), there 's a 60Hz spike that reads on the my spectrum analyzer when I run audio through the unit.

Thanks.

This is an excellent publication. When I was in post secondary they used this (although an older revision) for a training textbook. You will still find it beneficial to experiment lots with your scope to learn to interpret what you see and what to expect to see at certain points in a circuit under test.

I know this is an old topic but got a little quistion on how to connect a tonegenarator and a scope to a unit to read some messurments.

Wicth voltage a you using on the tonegenarator?

hmm.jpg

Best regards
Soeren

Signal on most balanced gear is between pins 2 & 3, HOWEVER...

There is no simple answer. -I refer you to posts on interfacing balanced and unbalanced gear. -The genny and scope are just unbalanced gear.

Basically if it's tranny on & out, go between 2 & 3. If it's transformerless diff in & out, the answer is either 2&1/3&1 or still 2&3, depending on input topology and output servo.

Keith

If your scope offers this function, you could use one input for each output pin and subtract both channels inside the scope (add channels with one inverted) , faking a differential scope input.

Back