Dual 1176 finished (Pic's)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

radiance

Ok, it's done. Thanks to everybody here for making me understand a little of what I'm doing and for sharing all this information.
Special thanks to Mnats for the PCB's.
Frontpanel is done by Schaeffer and cost me 45 euro incl. shipping.

1176front1.jpg

1176front2.jpg

1176front3.jpg

I replaced the in&output pot's for stepped ones to make stereo settings easier.

1176inside1.jpg

1176inside2.jpg

yes baby, this looks top!!!! :thumb:
reminds on the the prismsound/maselec somehow... maybe because
of the BIG meters and the knobs which look very similar.

man...top stuff! :green:

steff

Hey Roland,
it looks fantastic! I love it! Great work!
smily698.gif

[nit-pick modus on] I would fasten the meter pcb of channel 2 to the case to prevent strange noises from the inside[nit-pick modus off] :roll: :green:

Frank.

Thanks for all the complements!
@matthias: You beat me with beeing first with your masalec look S_S_L comp. The panel is powder coated and actually it's black but on the pic's it looks dark grey.

@Frank: you're right about that but for now I've had it with all the wireing. I'll do that later.

If anybody want's the fpd file of the frontpanel, just pm or email me.
It's all imported hpgl files....

Fantastic! Just beautiful! Are those the toroidals mounted to the back and sideways?

Congratulations man.

Jim

great stuff fella :thumb:

are those sifam directors? with a basic opamp vu meter driver? any specific ckt?

:guinness:

Yes, those are sideway mounted toroid's at the back.

I have the meters (& all grayhill rotary switches) from ebay. Otherwise it would have cost me a fortune. I believe they are the Director's serie and I used this meter driver (see fig.1). I suspect the meters to be not very acurate, especialy in gain reduction mode. They are more for looks....
@daArry: what is ckt?
@matthias: The case is a Schroff "multipac" (RS nr: 469-1133 ) case and it's anodise aluminium. I had it powder coated by a company that paint's mountain bikes. It's really strong paint, almost impossible to scratch.

I really dig this sound. It's far more colored than the S_S_L and it provides even more "glue" to your sound's.
One thing I did wrong is the mirroring knob placement. It's very :shock: confusing sometimes, it looks nice though....

ah cool, same vu diode circuit (ckt ;p) i went with...

The case is a Schroff "multipac" (RS nr: 469-1133 ) case and it's anodise aluminium. I had it powder coated by a company that paint's mountain bikes. It's really strong paint, almost impossible to scratch.

was schaeffer cool with receiving an already painted panel then ye?

One thing I did wrong is the mirroring knob placement. It's very confusing sometimes, it looks nice though....

Ye i done the same! :grin:

man.....that's beautiful!

How does it sound?

I'm still using blank panels on my pair of G1176's....going on a year now. I really need to have some panels machined. :grin:

Ric

Latest posts

Back