The "ALL" function on the Gyraf 1176

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hulk

There's an old "insider" trick you can do on the original push button 1176 - if you push in all ratio buttons on the 1176 it will create a cool compression effekt!

I'm working on the Gyraf 1176 using mnats PCB and since it has a rotary switch for the rations I only can dial in one ratio at a time - I want to make a fifth ratio on the rotary called "ALL" or something like that but how could I do that???

Slam mode?

I think someone already modified the G1176 to get this mode with a rotary switch too.

check jakob's site-

http://www.gyraf.dk/gy_pd/1176/slam.htm

adding the ratios is cumulative. The ratios will stack on top of each other, so pushing 4+12 is different than pushing 4+20 which is different than pushing all four. If you use an 1176 like that, Id reccomend replacing the switch bank with regular dpdts for ease of control. I recently packaged an 1176 like that annd having four DPDTs is awesome for adding ratios, much easier to deal with that the switch bank, easier for me to visualize for some reason too.

dave

yup, there are two here-

http://www.glideonfade.com/images/tech/1176.jpg

http://www.glideonfade.com/images/tech/1176inside.jpg

how does the board do that auto size thing? When I inserted the pictures, they came up full size. Is there a code you have to type in for the board to resize the photo in a post?

dave

Damn, this is an original 1176 board? Damn, it looks so simple it's not even funny! And UAudio asks big bucks for those! Thanks for the nice pics.

I doctored it up a bit.
Hey, what the....... is that a Marinair Green Meanie in dere?

1176inside.jpg

Hi,

Has Anyone figured out how to do the "ALL" funktion using the last position of the rotary switch.

that would be wery cool for making a stereo version looking like the original 2-1176.

Jonas

[quote author="Luny Tune"]But isn't it possible to just put some type of double switch into the cirquit? A Lorlin 4x3 should be more than enough. Configure it like the Bypass switch on the GSSL where you have the double action of 2 connections being made in one motion. I mean the action overrides any setting you may have made anyway as far as I can tell by looking at the schematics. Right?[/quote]

If you mean: put in another 4 pole 3 position lorlin just for the "slam" task then YES, that's possible.
What I think Repairman wants though, is to use the leftover position from the 6X2 ratio switch, and make that the "slam" position.
This is not possible. Like Viitalahde said before, you need a 4 deck (or 4 pole) 5 position switch for that.

EDIT: uhh :? where did Luny's post go?

Sorry, I thought I was actually just repeating what it says in Jakobs notes and drawings on the schematics linked to in this thread. So I deleted the post. But thanks for your comment any way! :wink:

Are there no 4x4 switches on the market? Then you would just remove it from the PCB and wire it up instead... Or?

4x5 you mean right? Yes, Grayhill makes a 4X10 switch wich can be made into a 4x5 by adjusting the "stop thingy".
I think Leeds NY sels them (site is down at the moment...).

There's a thread where there's a picture and US parts number of a switch with a 5th position for ALL. Anyone know where it is? I've been looking for it for an hour.

Thanks

hi erland,
sorry i couldn't find the exact thread you all looking for, but IIRC it was mnats who did the 5th position "ALL" function switch from an alpha rotary switch probably from mouser. search through mnats posts. sorry i couldn't be of more help. i think it was a 4 pole/5 position switch, not sure, but if you think about it you should be able to figure how many decks/poles you'll need
(sorry i don't have the schematics in front of me right now).
regards,
grant

Back