BOSS LS-2 line selector - looking for schematic

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintrubber

Hi,

I thought I had the schematic of this one, but can't find it - not sure now if I even had it.

21787.jpg

Has anyone a schematic of it or knows where to find it ?
I've looked around, but couldn't find anything on the web either.

Thanks,

Peter

Peter,

If you don't have contacts with a servicing Roland/boss repaircenter I don't think you can have them.
Try Roland Europe in Westerlo/Belgium.
That is in fact only 30/45 minutes drive away from you.
I you want their number mail me. It is also on their pages I assume.

Good luck and if you're lucky enough to have one, could I get a copy too?

Cheers mate,

Tony

Hi,

Thanks all for the suggestions.

I did order a service doc from Roland once, they're asking hefty prices ! So for this one it's not really worth it - I was just wondering about the input-impedance at the two return-inputs. That's easily measured, so I'll do that. Inside the mess of wires is too big to see which resistor's what.

It was just so strange - I had this pile of paper, wanting to sort it and I'd swear I had the LS-2 diagram - but after all sorting it was gone ! :evil:

FWIW, I still have the LS-10 circuit, Ibanez' take on the LS-2. Just let me know if someone happens to be looking for that one.

Thanks,

Peter

If it's a typical Boss pedal circuit, ya got a bunch of JFET switches, a flip-flop, some op-amp buffers... You could probably design something just as good yourself.

I have some Boss service manuals. They're currently in storage but I think I might get a chance to look through them this weekend.

If it's a typical Boss pedal circuit, ya got a bunch of JFET switches, a flip-flop, some op-amp buffers... You could probably design something just as good yourself.

If I've indeed seen the schematic (still doubting :? ), it's indeed like the other pedals. It's nothing special, but this LS-2 box has going for it that it all crams this stuff into a tiny package (6 jacks) and is easily configured to do different tasks. The big plus of the Boss LS-2 over the Ibanez LS-10 is the mix-function.

I have some Boss service manuals. They're currently in storage but I think I might get a chance to look through them this weekend.
There are quite a few around on the net, some just the (original) schematic, others scans of the complete service notes. But often not the one's you're looking for ! :wink:
Appreciate it, but please don't overdo it (or just don't dive into your storage at all :wink:), since I was just after a quick check if the return-inputs are Hi-Z as well. I can easily determine that from the outside.

Regards,

Peter

well here is the ibanez LS10 http://www-public.rz.uni-duesseldorf.de/~pelz/schematics/schematics.html

maybe you can try to contact to Kate Ebneter. general guitar gadget has a lot of boss schematics that she scan .

Thanks for that link - while I had the LS-10 already, there were some other nice schematics :thumb:

Thanks & I'll try to get in contact with Kate,

Peter

Latest posts

Back