second mic pre finished *pics*

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ioaudio

i finished my project around the ef12 tube. the design originates from the circuit i posted recently, but i got rid of the ec92 stage.

like my first mic pre i build a small case with exernal psu, i can run both pres from one supply.

some pics from the new one:

mic2.jpg

mic2innen.jpg

mic2schematic.jpg

edit: changed cathode resistor to 2,2k

thanks.

the front panel is covered with the surface i´ve recycled from a loudspeaker. old stuff.

describing the sound is always difficult for me... i like it very much with bass via di input. the sound is coloured, nonlinear, thd is probably higher than in other circuits...

I like how it is built on a piece of wood.

I like the hold down wire for the ef12.

What transformer is that on the bottom left?

[quote author="Gus"]
What transformer is that on the bottom left?[/quote]

i dont know :green: but i posted pics here:

http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=9498

Very nice !

Looks like a direct box.

Balanced or Unbalanced ?

Looks like this is a easy build, simple circuit , probably great sound.

I've always found it hard to convert schematics to actual component
layouts they seem like puzzles to me. You should offer a kit/plans on the black market that would help people convert your schematic to a component layout. I would certainly get one and try this myself.

Was the Ef12 hard to locate ? how are microfonics on these ?

transformer balanced mic pre with instrument (high z) input.
finished recording an album last week, used it for snare (sm57)-very good
have to modify the circuit to use it with hot condensors, too much gain...
will update when finished...

i first found the ef 12 (flea market) then designed the circuit. i guess they are quite hard to find

Hey, I like this! See, this is what I want to be able to do, build some stuff that works! I'll get up the nerves soon to try some DIY. Oh yeah, when I do, I'll let yawl know ahead of time so you can take all your perishable goods out of your refridgerators, freezers, etc. Cause the power "WILL" go off! :green: .. :grin:

Latest posts

Back