797 Capsules experience? Where to buy them?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AUDIO FREQ

GDIY Supporter
So i've been following this companies work for a little bit, and i've tried their center terminated capsule before, and it sounded so much better than anything I found at wgtcenter or the like. I have read that they have been around for a long time, and provide capsules for a variety of other mic companies.

So my question is this....

Which 797 capsules do you guys like the best? Im want to order a few shipments to try out and possibly sell locally in the US, because I can't find them anywhere in the states, unless you buy a donor mic that has one.

Do you guys buy them from websites like aliexpress or alibaba? I have searched high and low, but these seem to be the only places to order from, and coordinating any sort of support thread with them seems to be a fruitless endeavor.

Which 797 capsules do you guys like the best?

The most popular one is the CY002 which a K67 type capsule.
People say this capsule is very good, and it was recommended many times in the past around here

Do you guys buy them from websites like aliexpress or alibaba?

No, you buy direct from Beijing 797 Audio.
They sell direct

I have searched high and low, but these seem to be the only places to order from, and coordinating any sort of support thread with them seems to be a fruitless endeavor.

Did you contact them? that should be the first thing you should do

here are their models:

Attachments

• 797 Big diaphragm Capsules.pdf
    659.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
I mean… This is the capsule from the Studio Projects C1 microphone, right? I HATE the sound of that mic. Haha. I have two of them. I got them for free ages ago. Sometimes they work on dark sources but most of the time there’s almost always a better choice. I even did the eq rolloff mod for the high end and they are still objectively too bright. On the other hand I never tried the CY002 capsule in a different circuit… So YMMV.

I mean… This is the capsule from the Studio Projects C1 microphone, right? I HATE the sound of that mic. Haha. I have two of them. I got them for free ages ago. Sometimes they work on dark sources but most of the time there’s almost always a better choice. I even did the eq rolloff mod for the high end and they are still objectively too bright. On the other hand I never tried the CY002 capsule in a different circuit… So YMMV.
that's the basket

The most popular one is the CY002 which a K67 type capsule.
People say this capsule is very good, and it was recommended many time in the past in this forum

No, you buy direct from Beijing 797 Audio.
They sell direct

Did you contact them? that should be the first thing you should do

here are their models:
Thank you

I bought five of each and made a bunch of mics. Some tube and some solid state

I mean… This is the capsule from the Studio Projects C1 microphone, right? I HATE the sound of that mic. .

I don’t know that circuit. Does it have hi frequency De-emphasis for the K67? Or is it a Flat schoeps type circuit?

If it doesn’t have de-emphasise then the bad sound is due to the circuit and not the capsule

The only one I have ever used, were the k67 types. They sounded really great to me...especially for the low low low low low low price of 40 dollars on reverb.com

Id like to get my hands on a few more for some other mics of mine and my friends microphones.

I don’t know that circuit. Does it have hi frequency De-emphasis for the K67? Or is it a Flat schoeps type circuit?

If it doesn’t have de-emphasise then the bad sound is due to the circuit and not the capsule
It doesn’t have the de-emphasis built in. Schoeps circuit. But I added a de-emphasis circuit. It still sounds pretty bad to me. I have had a few lucky outings with them. Mostly, pretty bad results…

Latest posts

Back