Replacing Optical jack receiver on Lynx LT-Adat card

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

telehumbucker

I have a Lynx Aurora converter and am using their LT-Adat card. One of the optical jacks is not working. The card was made in the early 2000's, around 2002 I believe. Their tech support couldn't give my info on the make, specs, etc... of the optical jack....Was just told they were probably the same as were used in Alesis units at that time. I looked for logos info on the jacks and there wasn't much, just what looks like an "s" like logo. Looking at available optical jacks that seem at least visually, the same....there appear to be 3 or so variations, which have the ground, vcc, and vout on different pins.

Anyone know which variant would be the right one for the Lynx LT-Adat card, which according to tech support, would likely be the same as what Alesis used in the early 2000's? The English company Cliff supplies one variant (ORJ-8) and they come up in searches for optical jacks....another variant is the DLT1150, which is readily available from Chinese suppliers, and the third is from Solteam opto, model JSR1B15, they all have differnt pin grounds, vcc and vout locations.
Anyone have any idea which variant would work in the LT-Adat card?

I see that card has an adat sync option , earlier versions of the lynx card (Adat LS)made that available on an external DB9 connector ,
With the LT card is it just a matter of hooking up a ribbon connector to use the adat sync ?

I see that card has an adat sync option , earlier versions of the lynx card (Adat LS)made that available on an external DB9 connector ,
With the LT card is it just a matter of hooking up a ribbon connector to use the adat sync ?

It's actually an LS card....though, from what i've read they are basically the same as the LT card.......I've never used the adat sync. I thought it was the LT card until I took the pictures and noticed the LS.......

There seemed to be a previous version of the LS with the adat interface appearing on a back panel DB9 .

If its from a particular era, you could source parts from equipment for sale as parts/repairs. I see a couple of Alesis gear for sale cheap that may be cheaper than buying another Lynx card if you cannot find the exact adat jack. Maybe see what you can dig up about the used gear you want to source parts from and see if it fits that Lynx card?

Latest posts

Back