Solved : presonus legacy Control Software for macOSX 10.6-10.12

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nashkato

i got a presonus FW interface and no drivers nor software .
the legacy drivers were removed from their website a few weeks ago apparently.
minimum requirements are now win10 and osx10.13
(which is absurd since it´s FW and newer computers don´t have it anymore )
support email stays unanswered.

anybody got an installer from 10.6 through 10.12 ( doesn´t really mater which osx if it´s not over 10.12. ) macOSX
thanks

Last edited:
When I pick up older interfaces I generally scavenge around and find as many of the old versions of the software and drivers as I can find , then keep those stored safe and sound , theres no knowing when your product becomes unsupported and stuff starts to vanish .

I have a TC Konnekt 24d ,Ive been thinking about getting the Apple thunderbolt to firwire adapter ,
Then again I did update the OS so I might have closed the door on some options ,
I see an Apogee ensemble going cheap ,but at least the seller has the decency to say it wont work beyond 10.14 or whenever it was they pulled the plug on the device .
RME seem to have always required their own pci firwire cards on the older devices , so thats not an option for me ,
Motu firewire interfaces have hit the floor in terms of price but I have no idea about driver availablillity or compatibillity on updated systems .

I'm totally new to planet Apple , the USB UAD picks up most basic audio interfaces and they just work with no fuss ,
As its Reaper and REW I'mainly concerned with using , the transition to MAC OS has been seemless ,

While a modern 64bit OS will of course give massively greater processing power in a mixdown with lots of plugins , a very much more basic OS is all thats required for the computer to perform the role of a multitrack tape machine ,
The Bootcamp Assistant in Ventura doesnt seem to want to play ball with XP ,
although the Apple drivers for its hardware in Windows did download ,
might be other ways to do it .

i changed to mac on a G4 12" powerbook and never looked back .
still i´m using XP or 7 to burn a chip or write a 3 1/4" disc .
the last few years of the routine of always new OS´s to bind your customers and force you to buy the newest gear is a shame and if i wasn´t too lazy i would have left apple quite some time ago.
the last annoying thing that comes to mind was trying to backup an iphone .
didn´t get the latest and needed ( since iphoneOS) itunes on mac just because i skipped the newest OS , i might have been out of date maybe a year , if even .
no problem though on win7 which was several years older

RME seem to have always required their own pci firwire cards on the older devices , so thats not an option for me ,

Don't think so. It's the only manufacturer that keeps drivers around like forever. Of course there are PCI FW cards that don't work with RME interfaces, as there's junk being made. But all Macs work and every single PCI card I ever installed works. The ones that don't seem to have a Ricoh chipset, but I have an old Dell laptop with a Ricoh chipset and it works with my FF400.

If you try hard enough, you can even find a rare USB chipset that doesn't work for audio. Fortunately that one seems to be only in very cheap sub 100$ Windows tablets.

Its quite remarkable , but your right Cyrano , the RME drivers do seem to cover even their older hardware ,
Thunderbolt is the only option on the mac I have , but it seems to be backwards compatible with firwire , the RME interfaces hold their value well .

Apple's TB to FW adapters work. Some others work too and they're somewhat cheaper...

I usually don't need many channels, that's why I'm in love with my FF400. Two analog mic inputs with P48 and two without that double as instrument inputs. Driven by the PGA2500 digitally controlled preamp chip. Perfect for measurements. And then another four line inputs.

In the rare cases I need more channels, there's one ADAT in and one out port.

And if I still need more, the Digiface USB gives me 32 in, 34 out (counting the headphone out) over ADAT in a very small, reasonably affordable package (350€).

Only disadvantage: some RME interfaces don't work with Linux. For the FF400, there's a driver in ffado. For the Digiface USB, there's nothing, afaik.

Enough ads, back to the main program :cool:

Back