Sta Level Dual Pot Wiring

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StarTrucker

GDIY Supporter
I'm building a scratch Sta Level and realize I don't know how the dual pot works.

What is the correct way to wire a dual pot after the input transformer? I'm having a problem where the signal output of the pot will be 0 in the middle, full signal at -180 phase fully counter clockwise and full signal at +180 phase fully clockwise. I attached a schematic of the way I wired the pot - tied lug 3 of one side to lug 1 on the other pot. The other schematic is the full Gates Sta Level one.

I understand a normal volume control with a leg connected to ground where CCW turns the wiper to ground. How does this dual pot turn the signal down? It looks like there is no ground reference except through the side chain 1uf cap. Won't there will always be 100k (and some signal) between either grid wiper and one leg of the input xmfr secondary? Or should I view them as totally independent pots with a ground reference at the middle through the SC?

Attached the OG schematic and one with circled numbers showing how I wired the input pot.

Rookie question?

Thank you!

Attachments

• DripStaLevelSchematic1.png
    DripStaLevelSchematic1.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • InputPot.pdf
    248.9 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back