TRIDENT TRIMIX ADVICE NEEDED! help!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agzilla

Hi all...

So I got the Trident Trimix 16-8-2 and I love it... It's a bit creaky and kinda dusty, needs a bit of TLC I guess... So as a Trident and old console newbie I really need some advice if anyone who see's this is kind enough to help...

Silly and not so silly questions...

What is the best way to clean the faders if they sound a bit dusty and scratchy, is servisol 10 any use here? 

Some pots are stiffer than others but still work, best way to loosen them safely?

I read that I can change some TL071 chips in the master output module and possibly sub group modules to improve the headroom, sound and noise level etc, the parts look like they pop out and replacement just snaps in.. But then I read that certain replacements require extra caps which I'm not confident about doing really, so which kind can just replace without the need for extra caps? Just want a gentle introduction to this really..what type and which to change? Do those Burr Brown ones just slot right in?

Is there output transformers in this consoles master out? If so.. What type? If not.. Is there a benefit to adding anything on the output sound wise?

Lastly I wish the low fixed EQ was set at 60 hz is there a way to mod it so it does?

I know that I know nothing.. But please be kind.. I really appreciate all and any help given! 

Thanx Trident Gurus!

One Love

Zilla

Sent from my iPad

Latest posts

Back